Bought a dodge

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
I guess I wanted to see what it was all about. Found a 94 12 valve and bought it. I hate to say it, but it's fun. Pretty stock right now with the exception of a clutch. Gets me back to wrenches and away from the laptop for a wile. Needs some little stuff but I will get it done over time. The D-max is still here so I can have something to go get parts with.:rofl:

Phil

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I saw this listed in the "recent threads" listing and thought it was in the Joke Section. :rofl:

Last edited:

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Is this better? Got more but this is the better of them. The close ups are really bad.

DSCF1004.jpg

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
PREPARE TO DO ALOT OF WORK ON IT! they need valve lashing all the time, because they have solid lifters. you need to adress the killer dowel pin if it has not been taken care of yet. it will need governer springs to rev higher. a bigger set of injectors are next, oh and a fuel plate. the list goes on...... tranny is like step two to this. have fun! :happy2:

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
PREPARE TO DO ALOT OF WORK ON IT! they need valve lashing all the time, because they have solid lifters. you need to adress the killer dowel pin if it has not been taken care of yet. it will need governer springs to rev higher. a bigger set of injectors are next, oh and a fuel plate. the list goes on...... tranny is like step two to this. have fun! :happy2:

Yeah, the cummins isn't new to me. One this small is. It has lived 329,000 miles so far so it can't be that bad. KDP had been taken car of allready. 400RPM GSK is on the way and so are th 60 lb valve springs to keep the valves from floating. 435 injectors, twins and a little head work are on the list of things to do. I have allready turned the pump up and ground the plate the way I wanted it. The tranny does need a 3rd gear syncro at this point and it will do some work on 5th gear as well when it comes out. Working on diesels for a living hasn't left me in the dark completely. :hello:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Yeah, the cummins isn't new to me. One this small is. It has lived 329,000 miles so far so it can't be that bad. KDP had been taken car of allready. 400RPM GSK is on the way and so are th 60 lb valve springs to keep the valves from floating. 435 injectors, twins and a little head work are on the list of things to do. I have allready turned the pump up and ground the plate the way I wanted it. The tranny does need a 3rd gear syncro at this point and it will do some work on 5th gear as well when it comes out. Working on diesels for a living hasn't left me in the dark completely. :hello:
if you need a tranny let me know. i have a buddy thats been buying these 5 speeds up because there are almost no new parts available for them.

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
if you need a tranny let me know. i have a buddy thats been buying these 5 speeds up because there are almost no new parts available for them.

Don't need a tranny yet. I found the parts I need so far but it's not out of the truck yet. I see used tranny's with t-cases selling for $1200.:( I hope it doesn't come to that.

Phil

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Way to rain on someone's new purchase parade, way to go!

Samdweezel05

Jul 21, 2008
Way to rain on someone's new purchase parade, way to go!

You kinda have to expect it. It's the wrong forum to be looking for support when it comes to anything other than a duramax (and that's not anything negative against the forum). I am suprised there wasn't more of it.:D

Phil