BigAdv Benchmark Test:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
OK, I've got a stabilized "marginal" BigAdv machine set up.
It will always make it's deadline, but not by a lot. The Devil Job is P8101, and it clears it with 5-10% to spare.

I'm going to switch it back to SMP, then let it stabilize for a week. When you setup up a machine start at SMP, and when it's SMP score equals or exceeds the 24hrs score of 4x4a, then flip the BigAdv switch and monitor the P8101's closely. You need a TPF (1% time slice) of 34:30 or better. If it's slightly over, then just let it run the job to the end, and turn it back SMP and do more tuning.

OK, here's a week worth of running BigAdv with limited goof-off shutdowns:

sigimage.php

When it finishes this WU, I will switch it to SMP to use it as a benchmark machine.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What the hell did he just say? :dontknow: :banghead: :rant: :hmm: :f-that: :WTF2: :badidea: :eek:mg: :banging:

:chicken:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Mackin:

Just doing volunteer work to cure diseases, http://folding.stanford.edu .

BigAdv is a high value project that uses powerful servers. A normal desktop can't run them.

SMP is multicore work that desktops can run. (Symmetric Multi-Processing)

Not even all servers can do BigAdv. (Big Advanced projects).

You know how your home computer is Dual Core, or Quad Core?

BigAdv won't even run on machines that aren't 16 core or more. Not even all 24 core machines can do it.

BUT, there are projects that need single core machine, dual core, GPU (graphics chip), and they are all important.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
If you decide to try it, our Team Number is 195247. You make up your own username.

If you have dual core or more, you need to click on the button that says GET A PASSKEY. Copy the passkey they give you (it's a long password), and put it into the PASSKEY field.

If you don't do the passkey, you won't make as many points for the team, BUT YOU ARE STILL doing important work for medical science. Points aren't valuable, the finished work units are.

Multi-core work "tests" your machine for 10 jobs before it gives you bonus points. The faster your machine is, the more bonus points you earn.