best block

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
The guy that is going to build my block said although its not an epidimic "spelling" he has seen a few LBZ blocks with cracks in a cylinder. The cracks were perpindicular to the bore not up and down the length. He claimed to have never seen an LB7 do this. And yes the LBZ block will be for sale that is in my truck, It's going to be a while before its swaped out but I'll send you a PM with details once its out.

Nothing other then the extra webbing changed. The lb7 has the same cylinders as the Lbz so there something else to what he found. How far down the bore did he find this. But send that pm once you get your build going and all.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The guy that is going to build my block said although its not an epidimic "spelling" he has seen a few LBZ blocks with cracks in a cylinder. The cracks were perpindicular to the bore not up and down the length. He claimed to have never seen an LB7 do this. And yes the LBZ block will be for sale that is in my truck, It's going to be a while before its swaped out but I'll send you a PM with details once its out.

Ask "your builder" to give you some pictures to post. I would like to see these fractured cylinder bores...

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Ask "your builder" to give you some pictures to post. I would like to see these fractured cylinder bores...
I doubt he took pics and saved them. I probably wouldn't have myself. I'm not trying to convince anyone of this I'm simply offering information I received from a competent builder. This is second had info, didn't realize it would upset people, I probably should have kept it to myself. Seems this is the new trend around the forums, people with good new tech info dont post it up anymore for fear of being attacked.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
But what are the differences? Could I put an lb7 crankshaft in an lbz block? Are they all interchangeable?
You can do that but if you go to a lbz crack in an lb7 block from what i understand you have to use an lbz harmonic ballancer and fly wheel for proper ballance.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I doubt he took pics and saved them. I probably wouldn't have myself. I'm not trying to convince anyone of this I'm simply offering information I received from a competent builder. This is second had info, didn't realize it would upset people, I probably should have kept it to myself. Seems this is the new trend around the forums, people with good new tech info dont post it up anymore for fear of being attacked.

I'm not attacking you at all, actually I am pretty sure I know your builder and was just curious. If it is who I am thinking then he has seen his share if carnage and I bet he took pictures...

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
question is, why are the majority of the trucks on the quick 50 list LB7's? Because they are better....duh :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
question is, why are the majority of the trucks on the quick 50 list LB7's? Because they are better....duh :thumb:

Because they are older and cheaper and had the longest production run (3.5 years), besides the LMM, so I'm guessing there are more of them out there. LLY and LBZs were only produced for 1.5 years each.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I'm not attacking you at all, actually I am pretty sure I know your builder and was just curious. If it is who I am thinking then he has seen his share if carnage and I bet he took pictures...
You do know the builder, I hesitate to throw his name out there, he doesn't like confrontation. I wasn't bashing the LBZ block, hell I have one that runs like a top with almost 200k on it. Him telling me about the cracked LBZs was only mentioned as a reason not to shy away from an LB7 block if I could get one cheap. And I understand you weren't attacking me, I have no reason to make up such thing and it seemed like I was being doubted.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You do know the builder, I hesitate to throw his name out there, he doesn't like confrontation. I wasn't bashing the LBZ block, hell I have one that runs like a top with almost 200k on it. Him telling me about the cracked LBZs was only mentioned as a reason not to shy away from an LB7 block if I could get one cheap. And I understand you weren't attacking me, I have no reason to make up such thing and it seemed like I was being doubted.

Then your in good hands, I did not mean to come off in any type of inapproiate manner...