Banks Diff Cover Video

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
One of the things I don't understand, is that he's acting like the pinion gear and bearings only get lubed by what the ring gear slings around. Isn't the pinion low enough to get it's own lube? Especially when it's overfilled.:confused:

Not quite, James post describes it well. Also you may want to think about when towing up hill when the pinion will be at a higher angle and may not be submerged. It is the port above the pinion barring that the ring slings oil into that provides the real lubrication

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
ok, now hes making sales pitches and no longer actually doing any factual testing.

[youtube]5_Jamg2gpgk[/youtube]

He is claiming all these things about lack of oil flow, heating temps up more than stock, loss of hp, etc yet he STILL HAS NOT SHOWN A SINGLE DYNO RUN beyond the stock one he did like he stated he would be doing in the very first video to show the temp difference. Instead, hes jumped straight into making his own cover to "fix all these issues" and no data to show for it...

I had faith he would follow through but after the monster drink pose and now this video, its clear thats not the object of the videos... that has certainly irritated me.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
ok, now hes making sales pitches and no longer actually doing any factual testing.

[youtube]5_Jamg2gpgk[/youtube]

He is claiming all these things about lack of oil flow, heating temps up more than stock, loss of hp, etc yet he STILL HAS NOT SHOWN A SINGLE DYNO RUN beyond the stock one he did like he stated he would be doing in the very first video to show the temp difference. Instead, hes jumped straight into making his own cover to "fix all these issues" and no data to show for it...

I had faith he would follow through but after the monster drink pose and now this video, its clear thats not the object of the videos... that has certainly irritated me.

I agree with you. Either way aftermarket covers are useless (unless you plan on backing into rocks or something).

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
ram air from that low on the vehicle seems like it would be a scoop for mud, snow, ice, and cow shit. Hmm.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Anyone have an issue caused from running a mag hytec etc...? I personally bought mine for looks didn't really expect to net any gains necessarily

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think you will see the data when he is finished. If not, I'll call him and get it.

if he doesnt, please!!!

ok, a little bit of optimism, maybe hes waiting till the end to show cooling difference of his new diff cover? either way, if that was the plan all along, his first few videos were good hooks cause there never was a mention about making a cover. guess im naive in assuming he wouldnt come out with one :baby::D