Banks DataMonster or Edge CTS2

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I’m confused at why you’d want to swap an LBZ into your LLY just to use a banks datalogger. You can use the banks as a stand-alone logger that will record only the sensors that are wired in. You could easily add rail pressure, MAF, pedal % by tapping into those 5v reference lines.

The hard ones would be demanded rail, timing, injection duration etc but they would be very easy to correlate two logs via APP.

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
You are probably right... I do have an LBZ as a spare still not worth going through that trouble. Other reason for me to consider the banks gauges is because my Aeroforce Interceptors are aging and one display has lost its contrast.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You are probably right... I do have an LBZ as a spare still not worth going through that trouble. Other reason for me to consider the banks gauges is because my Aeroforce Interceptors are aging and one display has lost its contrast.

I've looked at getting the aeroforce interceptor gauges, the seem like a nice product. If you've been happy with them why not buy another?

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
I saw that they also do display repair...this is what I will probably be doing. The reason I wanted to switch to the banks is because of the bigger color display. I am not sure if they still sell gauges for the <06 Silverado, at least they do not list them.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I saw that they also do display repair...this is what I will probably be doing. The reason I wanted to switch to the banks is because of the bigger color display. I am not sure if they still sell gauges for the <06 Silverado, at least they do not list them.
Banks currently, in their iDash 1.8 line, does not support ECM data from anything before LBZ (on the duramax side). LBZ and up has some PIDs but @coker6365 would have to shed some light on what those PIDs were for his 2006.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Banks currently, in their iDash 1.8 line, does not support ECM data from anything before LBZ (on the duramax side). LBZ and up has some PIDs but @coker6365 would have to shed some light on what those PIDs were for his 2006.
I can tell you not very many at all! That's why I moved mine to my wife's 08LMM because it had more data displayed. I don't like the fact that some of the important pids the data isn't correct either like map sensor.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I know there’s a ton of missing info on the lm2 platform on my wife’s Tahoe , I even called to verify before hand and they said all the info was covered , come to find out a lot of stuff changed on the computer side between the 20 lm2 truck platform and the 21 Truck suv platform. All I really wanted was to monitor regen and soot so she would know when it was in regen and those pid’s are not supported yet