Banks DataMonster or Edge CTS2

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I’m confused at why you’d want to swap an LBZ into your LLY just to use a banks datalogger. You can use the banks as a stand-alone logger that will record only the sensors that are wired in. You could easily add rail pressure, MAF, pedal % by tapping into those 5v reference lines.

The hard ones would be demanded rail, timing, injection duration etc but they would be very easy to correlate two logs via APP.

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
You are probably right... I do have an LBZ as a spare still not worth going through that trouble. Other reason for me to consider the banks gauges is because my Aeroforce Interceptors are aging and one display has lost its contrast.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
You are probably right... I do have an LBZ as a spare still not worth going through that trouble. Other reason for me to consider the banks gauges is because my Aeroforce Interceptors are aging and one display has lost its contrast.

I've looked at getting the aeroforce interceptor gauges, the seem like a nice product. If you've been happy with them why not buy another?

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
I saw that they also do display repair...this is what I will probably be doing. The reason I wanted to switch to the banks is because of the bigger color display. I am not sure if they still sell gauges for the <06 Silverado, at least they do not list them.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
I saw that they also do display repair...this is what I will probably be doing. The reason I wanted to switch to the banks is because of the bigger color display. I am not sure if they still sell gauges for the <06 Silverado, at least they do not list them.
Banks currently, in their iDash 1.8 line, does not support ECM data from anything before LBZ (on the duramax side). LBZ and up has some PIDs but @coker6365 would have to shed some light on what those PIDs were for his 2006.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Banks currently, in their iDash 1.8 line, does not support ECM data from anything before LBZ (on the duramax side). LBZ and up has some PIDs but @coker6365 would have to shed some light on what those PIDs were for his 2006.
I can tell you not very many at all! That's why I moved mine to my wife's 08LMM because it had more data displayed. I don't like the fact that some of the important pids the data isn't correct either like map sensor.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I know there’s a ton of missing info on the lm2 platform on my wife’s Tahoe , I even called to verify before hand and they said all the info was covered , come to find out a lot of stuff changed on the computer side between the 20 lm2 truck platform and the 21 Truck suv platform. All I really wanted was to monitor regen and soot so she would know when it was in regen and those pid’s are not supported yet

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Bumping this back up...
Those that have the idash how are you liking them?
I have a CTS2 in my 2011 right now but wanted to measure EGT at the manifold and boost at the intake so I was looking at the iDash monster with those sensors or going to just use analog gauges for the EGT's/boost and keep my CTS2 and hook a camera back up to it so I can hook up to trailers easier.

Right now I'm leaning towards analog gauges for those 2 but am tempted to do the idash.

What do the masses say???

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Personally I think the iDash is a better logger than the CTS2 ever could be BUT you have to intend to use it as a logger. You can easily add EGT and boost to your CTS2 tho and they (in my opinion) are better than CTS3 units. A CTS2 is a better monitor due to screen size alone but I also don't tend to monitor that many PIDs at a time, only the crucial things.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
If you already have the cts2, get a triple gauge pod and run separate egt and boost and the third pod for the cts2. I don’t know if Edge has improved on the egt sensors yet but they suck. Plus it opens up a couple more spots to monitor.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
If you already have the cts2, get a triple gauge pod and run separate egt and boost and the third pod for the cts2. I don’t know if Edge has improved on the egt sensors yet but they suck. Plus it opens up a couple more spots to monitor.
They haven't BUT there is a better solution to add EGT which is using a 0-5V scaler box. I've done it on many trucks and had zero issues both with reading and sensors failing.

Reactions: darkness

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Personally I think the iDash is a better logger than the CTS2 ever could be BUT you have to intend to use it as a logger. You can easily add EGT and boost to your CTS2 tho and they (in my opinion) are better than CTS3 units. A CTS2 is a better monitor due to screen size alone but I also don't tend to monitor that many PIDs at a time, only the crucial things.
Being able to data log was one reason but I have a V2 I use to data log any way so don't know if the iDash would be any better than that.
Does the LML have an engine oil temperature sensor? It looks like the L5P's do from reading threads but scrolling through my CT2 PID's on my LML I didn't see one.

Right now I'm leaning towards autometer cobalt 0-35 psi boost & 2000 F EGT gauge with my CT2 on a triple pod.

I do really like the options iDash has though and wanted to hear from people smarter than me.