April '23 Chat -- "April Fools" --- yep, thats accurate for this bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Countdown -- 65 days till Hannah's wedding. Now that the weather is starting to get warm, the real fun begins....

Reactions: malibu795

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Bought some tires for Hannah's car today, as both her birthday and moving present. Her Michelins were 7 yrs old and had some checking, so Im not letting her move to Texas on those. Being Dad, doing Dad things.....
Found a set of Nokian One 225/40R18. Very highly rated, but not that popular in the US. 70,000 mile warranty, OEM pothole warranty (free replacement). Got them for $128/pc (a steal) from ---of all places -- Walmart. $160 tires anywhere else.

And get this....these Nokians are made in the USA!

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Found a set of Nokian One 225/40R18. Very highly rated, but not that popular in the US. 70,000 mile warranty, OEM pothole warranty (free replacement).
Thank you for still being DAD in these times. Just a Question on how a pothole warranty works. How do they know you didn't hit a curb, and you prove you didn't hit said curb?

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
All it says is if the tire is damaged due to pothole, they'll replace it. I would figure a curb could do the same kind of damage. Now, if its punctured, I dont think so, so thats what the Walmart tire warranty is for.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Got the exhaust fixed, banged out the fuel tank heat shield, and 1fastbrick is dropping off a driveshaft as we speak.
I meet a stranger off the internet In a parking lot and gave him my shaft... hahaha!!!🤣🤣🤣

Just messing around!!! Was nice to meet you in person. I am glad you could use it.
Hope your wife enjoyed spending time with her family and that you guys made it back home safe.

I wrestled with my side job getting some equipment back together. I am beat... still need to go back and wrap up all the small stuff tommorow so they can use it come Monday.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I meet a stranger off the internet In a parking lot and gave him my shaft... hahaha!!!🤣🤣🤣

Just messing around!!! Was nice to meet you in person. I am glad you could use it.
Hope your wife enjoyed spending time with her family and that you guys made it back home safe.
Mmmmmm shaft!
It was good meeting you too and thanks again. Yes we had a good visit, ate lots of donuts while doing scratchers hehe.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
We went out for a short camping trip Friday night at a local lake. It had rained earlier that afternoon, and the humidity was pretty high, but at least it wasn’t hot. It was a good time, and our first time camping together. We decided it was too cool Saturday morning to get out on the water with the kayak, but it looked cool on top of the Buick.

Attachments

• 54661B87-DDD1-44B7-810F-C4F1DFF21A74.jpeg
    54661B87-DDD1-44B7-810F-C4F1DFF21A74.jpeg
    825.9 KB · Views: 34

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So I get a call from stepmom this morning on way out to route, left voicemail. Get off freeway, listen to voicemail, Dad is in the hospital. Might have had heart attack. Stepmom says she'll keep me updated. Call her back, no answer.

Oh great. Keep in mind, Dad is 2 days from 90. An age where anything could happen at anytime. Yay.

Call work, tell them that if I hear any changes from stepmom, they can pick up truck at hospital.

So for the next 6 hours, its radio silence. Stepmom never calls me. So I call her. No answer. Call Dad's phone. No answer. Call the hospital. Cant even get by their inital computer selections....just muzak. So no news to tell siblings. Yay. No news to them is making them crazy. My phone is blowing up with "News?" "Whats going on?" all day.
Told work at about 4:30pm that Im taking tomorrow off to be there so I can get news to relay to rest of family. They were ok with that. (seniority has its privledges LOL)

Finally about 5pm, one of my brothers breaks thru the hospital's iron curtain and gets some info. Dad is ok, but will stay overnight for tests.
I head over to the hospital after work (6:30ish) and find Dad still in the ER bc they dont have available beds. Hes in good spirits, and non-stop talking.

So we're good. For now.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So I get a call from stepmom this morning on way out to route, left voicemail. Get off freeway, listen to voicemail, Dad is in the hospital. Might have had heart attack. Stepmom says she'll keep me updated. Call her back, no answer.

Oh great. Keep in mind, Dad is 2 days from 90. An age where anything could happen at anytime. Yay.

Call work, tell them that if I hear any changes from stepmom, they can pick up truck at hospital.

So for the next 6 hours, its radio silence. Stepmom never calls me. So I call her. No answer. Call Dad's phone. No answer. Call the hospital. Cant even get by their inital computer selections....just muzak. So no news to tell siblings. Yay. No news to them is making them crazy. My phone is blowing up with "News?" "Whats going on?" all day.
Told work at about 4:30pm that Im taking tomorrow off to be there so I can get news to relay to rest of family. They were ok with that. (seniority has its privledges LOL)

Finally about 5pm, one of my brothers breaks thru the hospital's iron curtain and gets some info. Dad is ok, but will stay overnight for tests.
I head over to the hospital after work (6:30ish) and find Dad still in the ER bc they dont have available beds. Hes in good spirits, and non-stop talking.

So we're good. For now.

Damn Tom, sorry to hear that my friend. Any tests ran yet?

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Hope everything works out for the best Tom. I'll put you guys in our family prayers.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We went out for a short camping trip Friday night at a local lake. It had rained earlier that afternoon, and the humidity was pretty high, but at least it wasn’t hot. It was a good time, and our first time camping together. We decided it was too cool Saturday morning to get out on the water with the kayak, but it looked cool on top of the Buick.

Didn’t take the Landcruiser?

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dye test showed some blockage in Dad's heart, so he's scheduled for a heart cath tomorrow. Stents are probable. Makes perfect sense, since he had double bypass in '90 and a stent in '95. He's in good spirits. Hopefully no issues tomorrow.

On a positive note, weather is supposed to be in the '70s next week, so I think Im going to get the Vette out. Its been a long 5 months.
This makes me happy. :)

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Stents are easy to do compared to a bypass or most other heart surgery. So if that's all they need to do to keep him going then I say that is good news.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD
Status
Not open for further replies.