Anyone have experience w/SS trailblazers???

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
All I know is I want one.

I see the same black SS blazer lowered on chrome 18's every morning.

I know it's not stock because it has the ever so slightest lope to it and sounds entirely to sexy when the guy romps it. It looks like it hauls ass from the few times I've seen the guy get on it when he's leaving, it's only a matter of time until race him haha

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Just get a 4x4 tahoe and drop a Dmax/allison in it. I just bought my wife a tahoe and I can see a Dmax powerplant in the future. :)

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I found one I'm pretty hot on, it's very far away from me but it is a 3SS trim level, it has everything including rear entertainment, it was owned by an older gentleman who bought it new, serviced it at the same dealer, traded at said dealer and has only 22k miles, they're asking 23k :D

The logistics suck, but it's a sweet ride, probably the nicest for sale in the nation:thumb:

Wish me luck ;)

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
L92 heads, cam and long tubes on e85 they run good. Buddy in PHX has one and it is 2wd and no joke. Has radials and a 100 shot and gutted interior. Has a. Trans in it built by Jakes.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Hey B, you got any vids to share of your buddy's SSTB?

What is really pissing me off right now is, I missed out on the cleanest one in my state, there were only 4, now there are 3 and they're all crap or really high milage.

I looked at this 2wd one on Tuesday, called about it last night and someone was signing papers on it :mad: :( :mad: 2SS trim, sandstone metallic, charcoal int. and mint, it was a decent price too

If F'd up on that fer sure:eek:

Now I'm looking in Ohio, NC, Va and God knows where else to find a really nice one, kinda like Vette's they're either really good or really bad...they were only made for 3yrs, so that doesn't help, and on auto trader there are only 31 in the nation that match my criteria...:baby:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
My friend has one, really awesome little minivan alternatives. Its small-ish, and quick off the line. We have done long tubes, efan conversion (fans off my race car :)) and a catback.

Sounds good, and def moves. IMO, leave your DD stock-ish and have a fun toy on the side.

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
Where is Wes? He DDs a trailblazer SS I think.

Haha I'm here.

This is the wife's rig, she wanted it mainly cause it is AWD and some what fast in stock form. She really wants me to build it up for her, but recently she has been tossing around the idea of selling it, (mainly to save on fuel as we both commute 100 miles round trip every day.) but she loves how it drives, it's comfortable and smooth riding, and easy to park.

Our has no major mods, just the simple exhaust and intake setup and we played around with the wheels and some plasti dip to see if she'd like the dark gray instead of the chrome/polished aluminum. (She likes the chrome look) so we will be fixing that up this spring/summer if we keep it.

Overall I have no complaints on it. It's pretty dam peppy for just being stock, I personally would eliminate the rear bags right off the bat, and go to a spring and shock setup in the rear for a little better ride/handling and then you also don't have to listen to that compressor come on every time you start it.

they do have a sh*# ton of potential to go very very fast with the right mods. I'm kinda hoping she keeps its and let's me tinker with it on her dime. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 33

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Haha I'm here.

This is the wife's rig, she wanted it mainly cause it is AWD and some what fast in stock form. She really wants me to build it up for her, but recently she has been tossing around the idea of selling it....

they do have a sh*# ton of potential to go very very fast with the right mods. I'm kinda hoping she keeps its and let's me tinker with it on her dime. :D

I know a motivated buyer ;)

:coolspot:

:rofl:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
What are you looking to spend?

Depends on the rig of course ;)
The one I really want is in Ohio, it's a 3SS and only has 22k miles and is $24k but I'm in Seattle, and I don't have money to just throw away on transporting it
The one I'm driving down to look at today is $16,500 and has 85k miles and is also a 3SS trim, both rigs are bone stock.

Basically I'm willing to spend up to 25k....:D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Why not fly out to Ohio, check it out and drive it back if u like it? Instead of transporting it.

I wish it were a feasible option, the plane ticket isn't such a big deal, I checked, $450...
It's the drive time and time away from home that I just can't make provision for, then there's the fact that these rigs are somewhat of a pig, so fuel cost for a 2500mi drive, food costs, the risk of driving a "new and unknown" vehicle across country, I'd probably have to take my daughter with me and that wouldn't be fair to her, it's just too complicated...then when the additional costs are added up, it's almost the same as the cost to ship it...oh well right, it's just a car and I'm getting everything I want out of the one that's closer in Portland except the milage on the rig, but I feel like these rigs are good for 150k or more before major issues arise. And I kinda like that sporty blue, even though white is one of my favorite colors on most vehicles.

I'm heading out to Portland now to get it, wish me luck:thumb:

Juniorcruzer

May 1, 2011
Western WI
I had an 06 AWD. Never had a problem with it. Put a finishline trans with 3200 RPM stall in it and had an STS turbo setup in the garage ready to go on, then got hit with a divorce. Would like to get one again....now you got me thinking.

Jon

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I had fun at he tbss nationals when I took my buddy's there. Then ran the truck there for the hell of it and had them all thinking what the hell lol.

There fun trucks I think the wife would like one but she's stuck on the Tahoe.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I had fun at he tbss nationals when I took my buddy's there. Then ran the truck there for the hell of it and had them all thinking what the hell lol.

There fun trucks I think the wife would like one but she's stuck on the Tahoe.

Henry- how's it going? i have been busy building my 07 tbss. It has a 390 stroker, billet s480 turbo, 4l80e trans, runs on e85, and made 801 rwhp at the wheels this fall. This winter, i put a new cam in it, larger injectors, electronic boost controller, flex fuel sensor, and is going back to the tuner in 2wks (shooting for 1000rwhp)