Anyone have experience w/SS trailblazers???

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Henry- how's it going? i have been busy building my 07 tbss. It has a 390 stroker, billet s480 turbo, 4l80e trans, runs on e85, and made 801 rwhp at the wheels this fall. This winter, i put a new cam in it, larger injectors, electronic boost controller, flex fuel sensor, and is going back to the tuner in 2wks (shooting for 1000rwhp)

:pics:

Or

:smellslike:

JK :hug:
But srsly, let's see some pics!

My Update and par for my luck:
The rig was slightly misrepresented, I passed, but I found another one, a nicer one and, I might be able to make time later in the week to go check it out, it's 300mi away tho .... so the search continues...C'est la vie
:rolleyes:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Where are you getting your info? Thats totally incorrect. Trailblazer SS has an NV120 which is a full-time AWD case, like the Denali/Escalade. Nothing about it is electronic. There are NO clutches...its a torque-biasing unit.

I stand corrected :eek: Thanks for the input Ben :thumb:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Where are you getting your info? Thats totally incorrect. Trailblazer SS has an NV120 which is a full-time AWD case, like the Denali/Escalade. Nothing about it is electronic. There are NO clutches...its a torque-biasing unit.

Exactly...

I had a quadrasteer Denali that I did a decent amount of work too and it puked 3 transfer cases before I called it quits with it. If your wanting an SS trailblazer get a 2 wheel drive...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have a AWD 06. It's been a good rig. I picked it for the wife in 09' with 28,000 miles. We had some minor issues lights and a front diff. input seal leak. Nothing major. It is all stock with 85,000 on it now.

The interior is kind of cheap on them is my only complaint... But I love that freaking LS engine! I have threatened to boost it a couple times but it runs good stock and it isn't my rig...:(

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I have a AWD 06. It's been a good rig. I picked it for the wife in 09' with 28,000 miles. We had some minor issues lights and a front diff. input seal leak. Nothing major. It is all stock with 85,000 on it now.

The interior is kind of cheap on them is my only complaint... But I love that freaking LS engine! I have threatened to boost it a couple times but it runs good stock and it isn't my rig...:(

Out of enlightened curiosity...
Was the leak on the passenger side? Over on the TBSS forum, that's been the common spot for the leak.

Yeah, I started to say the words "intake" and "exhaust" and even tho this will be "mine" my wife was like

AW HELLS NO

so, no boosted LS for me either, for now....:angel:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
:hello:Hey, I thought I'd share this for all the owners of TBSS rigs here, in case you didn't know...

The oil pick up is placed in the FRONT of the oil pan, this has caused oil starvation issues and even been a known cause of spun bearings in the engine.
:eek:

There is a bandaid fix, just run an extra quart of oil, quite a few of the guys over there do this, even tho it doesn't sound to great to me, it's supposed to work to keep enough oil supply to the pump
And there are a couple solutions, one is relocating the pickup to the back of the pan, which there are kits available to do so

The other is to utilize an early C6 oil pan, which is supposed to be a direct bolt up fit and has the pickup in the back of the pan.

Just an FYI I thought I'd share :hug:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
No leak on the passenger side. I was down in the states servicing it at my dads place and I noticed it had a small drip coming off the yoke on the front diff. I just changed it out as a precaution.

My wife doesn't beat on it much... Me on the other hand:D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
:hello:Hey, I thought I'd share this for all the owners of TBSS rigs here, in case you didn't know...

The oil pick up is placed in the FRONT of the oil pan, this has caused oil starvation issues and even been a known cause of spun bearings in the engine.

There is a bandaid fix, just run an extra quart of oil, quite a few of the guys over there do this, even tho it doesn't sound to great to me, it's supposed to work to keep enough oil supply to the pump
And there are a couple solutions, one is relocating the pickup to the back of the pan, which there are kits available to do so

The other is to utilize an early C6 oil pan, which is supposed to be a direct bolt up fit and has the pickup in the back of the pan.

That was covered in posts #2 and #12 of THIS thread also. :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Haha :eek:
So it was, I forgot, and my link to the parts didn't post, maybe I'll try again...:rolleyes:

So, it's official, here's the rig I'm getting:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.jsp?car_id=367922272&photoIndex=6

They sent me a video with a start up and full walk around, a car fax and also said I could contact the couple that had previously owned it. I'm Picking it up Wednesday.

White was my second color of choice, but I found out that the superior blue was only available in '06' and I'm not about to hold out for a clean local one to pop up, if it were to ever happen, cuz I found 2 one local that was hammered and one out of state that wasn't optioned how I wanted and smelled like death inside, neither were close to being a great buy..:(

So my search is over...
:woott:
:angel:
:D

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT

the c6 oil pan will work with 2wd. the awd ones need the pcm4less oil pickup tube and baffle kit.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
the c6 oil pan will work with 2wd. the awd ones need the pcm4less oil pickup tube and baffle kit.

Yup, that was the link I had tried to post to pcmforless...

But I thought the AWD model could use the C6 pan too if you were to also get a different A/C bracket or somethin...:confused:

I'm still on overload with the new to me info about the TBSS :eek:
I'm probably just going to relocate the pick up, I was planning on ordering the kit tonight, you should see my driveway, it's steep, and with my luck, I'd spin a bearing w/in the first week just tryin to get into my garage:roflmao:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Yup, that was the link I had tried to post to pcmforless...

But I thought the AWD model could use the C6 pan too if you were to also get a different A/C bracket or somethin...:confused:

I'm still on overload with the new to me info about the TBSS :eek:
I'm probably just going to relocate the pick up, I was planning on ordering the kit tonight, you should see my driveway, it's steep, and with my luck, I'd spin a bearing w/in the first week just tryin to get into my garage:roflmao:

nope. the front differential is bolted to the oil pan, and the shaft actually goes through the oil pan to a bearing carrier on the passenger side/cv shaft.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
nope. the front differential is bolted to the oil pan, and the shaft actually goes through the oil pan to a bearing carrier on the passenger side/cv shaft.

Wow, that sounds fun...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info and settin me straight:hug:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Soooo closed thread now yes?:D:spit:
Bitchen Brian....

Now
Back in the day....
Bitchen was cool, that's not how I'm using the word tho...:hug:
:roflmao:

Where's the vid I asked for of your buddy's TBSS???
Post it up, then I'll think about closin the thread;)

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Why not buy something lots more nicer than a TrailBlazer? I know it has a great motor, but it's still a POS TrailBlazer. I was thinking you should spend your money on something along the lines of a BMW X5 w/ 4.8L. :D:angel:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Bitchen Brian....

Now
Back in the day....
Bitchen was cool, that's not how I'm using the word tho...:hug:
:roflmao:

Where's the vid I asked for of your buddy's TBSS???
Post it up, then I'll think about closin the thread;)

Because if there were any videos, you'd want to know what kinda of drop it had, what wheels, what hid's it had, where he got his exhaust tips , then proceed to post about it again after you forget about it.

Hoosier

Stock is Slow
Mar 27, 2012
Indiana
Because if there were any videos, you'd want to know what kinda of drop it had, what wheels, what hid's it had, where he got his exhaust tips , then proceed to post about it again after you forget about it.

:spit:

He sure isn't letting up on you Jason! :roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Why not buy something lots more nicer than a TrailBlazer? I know it has a great motor, but it's still a POS TrailBlazer. I was thinking you should spend your money on something along the lines of a BMW X5 w/ 4.8L. :D:angel:
Actually, i had been pretty set on a cadillac CTS-V, but after driving a couple, I realized I'm just a hillbilly and the car just didn't "fit" same goes for the BMW's, my wife has a 335is M and I've been driving it a bit lately cuz it's our only car right now and while driving it, getting out of it, walking up to and getting in the drivers seat I fell like a yuppie chump :roflmao:
I was looking for a diesel powered BMW :D but again, it's still a BMW and they're just not my style

Besides, I love the LS line up and this rig has an LS2 vette engine in it:woott:
Someday down the road, I'll start playing around with it, after I pay off the engine build for the Duramax
I had a pretty sweet 2013 VW Golf R that got totaled by a semi a few weeks back, which is why I was looking for another ride, after having a car for a while, I realize I'm a truck guy, more than that I'm a GM fanboi, they just feel right:thumb:

Isn't that what the forums are for:woott:
:rofl:
Seriously tho, I'm gonna adjust the levelers in the rear and level out/lower the stock suspension as much as I can, my rig came with a cat back, I'm leaving the stock wheels on for meow and planning on getting the 22" factory reps, I've got the HID's on lock bro:) along with the capacitor mod to run full 12v when in DRL mode

And it's staying stock for a while
But I love watching fast modded cars and trucks:D
why r u so cynical bro?
:rolleyes:

:spit:

He sure isn't letting up on you Jason! :roflmao:

LOL...me and bri
We have an understanding of sorts:hug:
It all in good fun:joker: