Alternate firing order tuning

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Is alternate firing order tuning available without the need of a harness or pin swap?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Lol. It takes all of 2 min to repin and never have to think about it again. To each their own but repinning seems way more fool proof to me. If you can build a motor, you can swap a couple wires

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Lol. It takes all of 2 min to repin and never have to think about it again. To each their own but repinning seems way more fool proof to me. If you can build a motor, you can swap a couple wires

I didn't want to sound like a dick:hug:, I had the same thought. Why lock yourself into 1 tuner.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It is much simply to repin especially considering a tuning use that could be related. GM products already have enough errant electrical problems to complicate another possible issue.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Brayden Fleece gave Guy @ SoCal the base files for the alternate firing order cams. You should be able to contact them (SoCal Diesel), and then send the base file to whatever tuner you wish. :thumb:

Caleb

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Brayden Fleece gave Guy @ SoCal the base files for the alternate firing order cams. You should be able to contact them (SoCal Diesel), and then send the base file to whatever tuner you wish. :thumb:

Caleb

I like
I haven't done the pins before so throw doing them in "2 minutes" out the window
I would like to learn and seems similar to when I did my dsp5 install.
I'm a ways out from doing all that so we will see how this thread will influence my decision when it comes time.
Thanks everyone for the input

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
I didn't want to sound like a dick:hug:, I had the same thought. Why lock yourself into 1 tuner.

I would hate to lock myself into 1 tuner also and thanks for the heads up, but don't the tuners lock you in whether your going with AF firing order or not?

Is there a trustworthy tuner out there that will write tunes that I can later modify?

Thanks!:thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I would hate to lock myself into 1 tuner also and thanks for the heads up, but don't the tuners lock you in whether your going with AF firing order or not?

Is there a trustworthy tuner out there that will write tunes that I can later modify?

Thanks!:thumb:

That's not what he was saying. He was saying, if you don't modify the harness, you have a choice of either Fleece or Kory to do the tuning because they are the only ones changing the firing order in the ECM, but that has since been corrected because we now know Guy has the base tune files available to be used by any tuner you choose.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
That's not what he was saying. He was saying, if you don't modify the harness, you have a choice of either Fleece or Kory to do the tuning because they are the only ones changing the firing order in the ECM, but that has since been corrected because we now know Guy has the base tune files available to be used by any tuner you choose.

That's great to know Josh, I hadn't heard that.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I like
I haven't done the pins before so throw doing them in "2 minutes" out the window
I would like to learn and seems similar to when I did my dsp5 install.
I'm a ways out from doing all that so we will see how this thread will influence my decision when it comes time.
Thanks everyone for the input

If you can install a dsp5 switch you can re pin the harness. Pretty much same concept other than you have to pull a pin out not just stick one in.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009

Ok thanks
But can I make minor tuning changes to fleece or Kory's tunes?