Allison DOC software

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I am supposed to run over to where a friend works tomorrow. He just got the Allison DOC software and thinks it will allow him to reinstall or upgrade the OS on my TCM, but he doesn't know. Frankly, I don't either. Will it do this or do I have to go to the dealer?

Background: I've had a problem for a few years where the truck won't lockup unless slip is 600 or less. 1/3 throttle merge into traffic on the highway and it won't lock until almost 90mph. I swapped to a known good TCM from my friend's truck, and I put mine in his, and my problems went away and his truck acted like mine. I don't know if it my TCM is "bad" or if it can be saved with a full flash.

Does anyone have the experience with the DOC software to tell me if it will full flash read/write?

Thanks in advance.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think the DOC is only capable of installing Allison software which means medium duty program.

Reactions: N2BRK

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I’m at work, I have to check. I know that my buddy’s 08 and mine ran the same OS and then he went to the dealer for service and they installed a new OS on his Tcm. I found this when I went to re-adjust his speedo and shift points. I didn’t see a cax file for the Tcm on efilive. I can look after work - thanks. I thought maybe I could pull his full tune and install it into my Tcm in the hopes of solving this, I’m the event that I can’t just update or reflash mine anew.

Mike - I asked him and he said his literature states it covers the 1000. Again, neither of us have even taken a look yet, so you could be right and it will be a flop. I should see him tonight after work. I will post after.

Thanks!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I doubt Allison has access to GM calibrations. You could use his VIN and flash the TCM using GM software if you have a tech 2 or some other interface module (I have a jbox I use to flash modules factory calibration files).

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
So no chance we can pull and save his calibration and then write it into mine, with DOC?

As for the Tech2 - I was told (maybe incorrectly) that in order to do this, it requred a code from GM and I'd have to make a service visit or duke the tech I know a few bucks, LOL. Something about maybe TIS I think?? The tech calls a number and is given a code.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
So no chance we can pull and save his calibration and then write it into mine, with DOC?

As for the Tech2 - I was told (maybe incorrectly) that in order to do this, it requred a code from GM and I'd have to make a service visit or duke the tech I know a few bucks, LOL. Something about maybe TIS I think?? The tech calls a number and is given a code.

The DOC software is not intended to be used on GM vehicles like Josh stated, it is designed by Allison for use on it's specific controllers. Here at work we have DOC but it only has a medium duty commercial data port, nothing to interface with a standard automotive OBD2.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO

You just need the tech2 and a short term programming subscription. I think $40 gives you two years of access for one VIN.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: N2BRK and juddski88

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
The DOC software is not intended to be used on GM vehicles like Josh stated, it is designed by Allison for use on it's specific controllers. Here at work we have DOC but it only has a medium duty commercial data port, nothing to interface with a standard automotive OBD2.
On the phone with my friend... he has the J-Pro with MDI. It comes with 2 obdII (yellow/gray) and both round pin connectors for semis. He said he isoffered the option for the 1000,2000,3000,4000 series when you click into the DOC software for troubleshooting. It offers to read the read the TCM programming for the 1000. His LB7 minidump at work's TCM was programmed with it, but he didn't do it. Plans fell through tonight - we will check it out Friday. Interesting.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
The DOC software does the 1000, but not GM calibrations, only Allison calibrations(4500+). I tried getting mine done by an Allison dealer and they couldn't do anything with my 01 OS. You can fo up to 07 with a tech2/mdi and the tis2000 software(if it's hacked), but I don't think it will do 08, so you would have to subscribe to tis2web I believe for it that way.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
As no surprise to some of you, the DOC would absolutely not work on the truck. In the past, Mike said it would re-learn the TCC but we could not even do that.

I am meeting with an acquaintance at 2pm at the dealership that is going to do me a favor and full flash the TCM. If that doesn't fix me, then I'm buying a new TCM. I'm so close to finally getting this fixed!