Allison 10 speed Ratiotek valve body kit

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah randy has a billet drum for the e clutch (holds 1, maybe 2 more clutches) but last i knew, you are still stuck with factory clutches. We need TCM tuning, im not sure if its out yet? Id assume @bluessmax would know lmao. new/better clutches would be the ticket as well. I know ratiotek was working on adding more clutches in the e clutch area as well.

i love this ratiotek kit in the VB though. @05LLYDMAX drove it not too long ago and said it shifted cleaner than all the other 10 speeds he had driven, so atleast i knew it wasnt a placebo effect.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I don't know... The bone stock 10L90 in my CT6, which as far as I know is almost the same as the 10L1000 'Allison', clicks off shifts absolutely beautifully. Orders of magnitude better than the 6L that was in the CTS I had before this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I don't know... The bone stock 10L90 in my CT6, which as far as I know is almost the same as the 10L1000 'Allison', clicks off shifts absolutely beautifully. Orders of magnitude better than the 6L that was in the CTS I had before this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I don't know if this is the best comparison as the CT6 isn't making ~910ft-lbs of torque, towing 20k+ lbs, and also doesn't weigh 7-8k empty. They may be similar internally (I cannot comment on this as I don't know) but the use case is far different.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How reliable are these new 10 speed Allisons at stock power, anyone know? Just curious..
ive heard mixed reviews. i feel the 6 speed in stock form (engine and trans) is stronger. alot of it stems down to the fact there is so much more shifting going on (VB parts will wear faster) and the lack of pressures/clutches in needed areas. this VB kit will make a stock trans last faaaaar longer though with a truck in stock form.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
ive heard mixed reviews. i feel the 6 speed in stock form (engine and trans) is stronger. alot of it stems down to the fact there is so much more shifting going on (VB parts will wear faster) and the lack of pressures/clutches in needed areas. this VB kit will make a stock trans last faaaaar longer though with a truck in stock form.
What makes you think the engine is stronger, are you meaning as far as durability? I thought the l5p was a beast compared to the previous generation duramaxes

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What makes you think the engine is stronger, are you meaning as far as durability? I thought the l5p was a beast compared to the previous generation duramaxes
i was more refering to the fact that if the engine and trans are kept stock, the stock 6 speed holds up better over time. now theres guys that can break an anvil that im sure have killed stock 6 speeds in a stock truck but you get the picture.