Alli builder

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Hey guys I have asked this at all the other sites too, my Alli is getting ready to give up the ghost soon, so I want to do a Suncoast IV I have leaning toward goin with Merchant seein as they seem to be about the closest shop to me. I live in NE Kansas so I am tryin to find someone near by. Does anyone know of someone close bye OK TX. I know ATS is out in Colorado but seein as they seem to be to busy to ever answer any PM's or emails I am assumeing they have all the businues they want. I just know I will be comein home to stay here sometime next year so the truck will be beet on every day, and I would like to not have to defuel so hard for my shifts, then limp if a forget which tune is in. Any help would be great.

And yes I screwed up the title of this thread the D button doesn't work well so no-one can pick on me for that.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you are very mechanically inclined, you can do it yourself. Pulling the trans is by far the worst part of the job, IMO.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
fleece performance is in north salem indiana about 30 min west of indy. pm brayden or call the number in my sig. i do know that they are in vegas for sema so they wont answer the shop phone

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Big Dipper and Mike are both great, but there are others out there with skill. The guys down at SC are an example.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
can you honestly say that and back that up. there are lots of guys out there that do them as well. just because they are not all over the internet doesn't mean there not the best.

I can. :D
I have fixed transmissions for SC,ATS. BD and almost every builder out there. You would not believe the tech calls I take every day for problems.

As far as being all over the internet mister; look at most of my posts. they are geared to fix problems. I post when I'm needed so you can cut the BS.
If you have a trans guy that is good stay with him; you are in good hands.:D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
can you honestly say that and back that up. there are lots of guys out there that do them as well. just because they are not all over the internet doesn't mean there not the best.

You have your opinion now this is mine... I don't have lots of money to do things over twice I know Mike L is one of the best Allison builders in the country. I have not had personal experience with George but coming from Mike L he is next to none. Personally I wouldn't trust a Diesel shop to build an Allison unless they are known... You think Mike L just installs the Suncoast kit the way the instructions tell you? Mike L is the best because he tweaks each transmission to according to his discoveries of what works and what doesnt.

Just curious you say there are lots of Allison builders that aren't on the internet ok well then how do they know what works and what doesn't? Mike has done more Allisons than anyone builder has... Anyone that builds engines, transmissions, or any serious component of our trucks are doing you a SERIOUS! disservice by not being on the internet hounding every site, thread, and new idea that is being asked or discussed. If everyone just installed everything the way the manufacture said to do then we would have never figured out how to make things last.

DieselDaze

Midnight Maniac
Oct 26, 2008
Tulsa, OK
You have your opinion now this is mine... I don't have lots of money to do things over twice I know Mike L is one of the best Allison builders in the country. I have not had personal experience with George but coming from Mike L he is next to none. Personally I wouldn't trust a Diesel shop to build an Allison unless they are known... You think Mike L just installs the Suncoast kit the way the instructions tell you? Mike L is the best because he tweaks each transmission to according to his discoveries of what works and what doesnt.

Just curious you say there are lots of Allison builders that aren't on the internet ok well then how do they know what works and what doesn't? Mike has done more Allisons than anyone builder has... Anyone that builds engines, transmissions, or any serious component of our trucks are doing you a SERIOUS! disservice by not being on the internet hounding every site, thread, and new idea that is being asked or discussed. If everyone just installed everything the way the manufacture said to do then we would have never figured out how to make things last.

Nailed to the gun...

Very well put..

rob

last_one

Mar 22, 2008
Mike is the best. you wont find any one better. Mike l is a a stand up guy and he goes way beyond his call of duty to help people out.You will not find any better,anywere else. Man I wish I had a Mike l trans.:)