Alli builder

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The point I was making is; I do not go all over the internet promoting myself or my shop. If you've kept up with most of my posts over the years they were to help others with problems and give good advice. I help people that don't even spend money with me. That's ok; they needed help and I was glad to do it. I let my transmissions speak for my workmanship.:D

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
i have no dis respect to mike at all. in fact our tranny guys is named mike as well. i just suggested to the guy that since we are closer to him that i had a guy that does an outstanding job as well.

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
You have your opinion now this is mine... I don't have lots of money to do things over twice I know Mike L is one of the best Allison builders in the country. I have not had personal experience with George but coming from Mike L he is next to none. Personally I wouldn't trust a Diesel shop to build an Allison unless they are known... You think Mike L just installs the Suncoast kit the way the instructions tell you? Mike L is the best because he tweaks each transmission to according to his discoveries of what works and what doesnt.

Just curious you say there are lots of Allison builders that aren't on the internet ok well then how do they know what works and what doesn't? Mike has done more Allisons than anyone builder has... Anyone that builds engines, transmissions, or any serious component of our trucks are doing you a SERIOUS! disservice by not being on the internet hounding every site, thread, and new idea that is being asked or discussed. If everyone just installed everything the way the manufacture said to do then we would have never figured out how to make things last.
that is great to know there is much more out there than a suncoast kit. how many trucks you know have the power and the trans to pull the sled in 5th gear, because our truck does :D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
can you honestly say that and back that up. there are lots of guys out there that do them as well. just because they are not all over the internet doesn't mean there not the best.

Being on the net you will find probloms.More so than not
Mike L is a expert at what he does and there is no agument there the proof is in his tranimissions :hello:

There is other people that I would recomend,But I still feel mike is better
JMHO

that is great to know there is much more out there than a suncoast kit. how many trucks you know have the power and the trans to pull the sled in 5th gear, because our truck does :D

you are the only one that has that much powa:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Not hard to do. Many trucks out there can do this.