All Season Centerlink Brace

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So on mine the front bottom control arm bolts are touching the very ends of the brace at full lock and rubbing. Any ideas? Maybe cut off the excess threads on the conrol arm bolts?

Also since the castle nuts don't work with cotter pins anymore should I get locknuts for the two bolts?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
So on mine the front bottom control arm bolts are touching the very ends of the brace at full lock and rubbing. Any ideas? Maybe cut off the excess threads on the conrol arm bolts?

Also since the castle nuts don't work with cotter pins anymore should I get locknuts for the two bolts?

My bracket hits the driver's side lower bolt as well. I haven't done anything about it as it just makes a little noise here and there. I've read you can just cut off the excess bolt and be ok.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
My bracket hits the driver's side lower bolt as well. I haven't done anything about it as it just makes a little noise here and there. I've read you can just cut off the excess bolt and be ok.

i kinda figured that much, its not hitting bad but i can hear it so worries me even though i know what it is :eek:

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
Does this look right, the brace is not touching the transfer case and is rubbing on two bolts limiting my turning radius?

17A1BA1E-6800-439E-AAB2-8162980CDFD9_zpsyu2jptuo.jpg

E0200F99-265E-4A90-BCBE-4EC7875323E2_zpsgayz9k2v.jpg

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Some touch the differential, others don't. Mine touched the lower control arm bolts as well, just trimmed off the excess bolt with a grinder.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
Some touch the differential, others don't. Mine touched the lower control arm bolts as well, just trimmed off the excess bolt with a grinder.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So you just cut the end of the bolt even with the control arm?

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Bringing this thread back up as I bought tonys brace and currently waiting on it. Reason why im going with this brace is I severely bent my cognito braces and factory idler arm. I probably had over 250+ 4x4 launches on the cognito braces but last year my launches kept getting poorer and poorer. Alignment got off and decided I better check. I will be replacing everything with Moog and going back with tonys brace. Really excited about it after reading the good about it in this thread:thumb: Note: truck was always lowered when launching. Also after 3 years the heim joints on the cognito junk was worn pretty good.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I'm planning on removing my cognito braces and installing one of Tony's. I think I remember removing factory nuts and replacing with supplied nuts from cognito? Will I need to get factory nuts to go with Tony's brace or will the nuts from cognito work?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'm planning on removing my cognito braces and installing one of Tony's. I think I remember removing factory nuts and replacing with supplied nuts from cognito? Will I need to get factory nuts to go with Tony's brace or will the nuts from cognito work?

Would also like to know...I know I don't have the factory nuts that go on the idler and pitman arm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I would advise the guys changing over to tonys brace to replace the idler and pitman arm at the same time if you haven't recently.