Airdog 150 died, what next

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
My Air dog 150 that I’ve been running for five years has finally quit. Going to do some troubleshooting tomorrow to see if it’s something simple. Pump is currently not running at all. Any recommendations as to if I should stick with air dog or go another route? I no longer run a factory filter configuration, so if I change set ups I would like the lift pump to include a air/water separation an what not. Thanks for any info.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Switch to a Kennedy and buy a dual remote filter setup for your frame rail

Or don’t.

OP did you check for power to the motor in the harness to make sure it’s not something dumb like that?

Replacement motor/pump for your AD will be cheaper than buying a new setup.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Ive had he underhood fuse blow on mine before. It's easy to check and I put a slightly bigger fuse back in after that. I have also had one motor go bad on me. I called them up and was able to buy the newest version of the motor for an incredibly reasonable price and it bolted right in place. Wiring harness was the same. Can't say enough good things about airdog. If you decide to change out the airdog completely let me know. I would like to put one on my dually.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Ive had he underhood fuse blow on mine before. It's easy to check and I put a slightly bigger fuse back in after that. I have also had one motor go bad on me. I called them up and was able to buy the newest version of the motor for an incredibly reasonable price and it bolted right in place. Wiring harness was the same. Can't say enough good things about airdog. If you decide to change out the airdog completely let me know. I would like to put one on my dually.

Yea I’m going to do some troubleshooting tomorrow. I would rather keep and repair what I have rather than removing it and going with a different set up completely. I didn’t think the 150’s were able to flow through without them running but truck is running fine, only noticed because my gauge wasn’t reading any pressure and I can’t hear the pump running.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I just had the see thing with mine a few months ago. The old design pumps if the seal goes bad it fills the motor up with diesel fuel. I called airdog and bought just the motor for $300 as I never sent in the warranty card. They told me if I would have they would of replaced it for free

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
Air Dog will take care of you, they have been great to deal with on a couple of different occasions. I also have a165 motor if you have any problems.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
From what I remember the 150's are a flow through design, that's why I put one in my truck. Check the fuse and relay, then move on to the more complicated. I have read where trash gets in to the pump rotor and causes the motor to stop, so don't forget to check that side also.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
All Air Dogs are supposed to be flow through. If you didn’t send in your warranty card, they will sell you a new motor with the pump assembly that you bolt to your filter base for around $250 if I remember correctly. It will also come with a warranty card that you can register with them to get the lifetime warranty.

DeDiesel

King of Mars
Dec 21, 2011
Northern DE & Tucson AZ
AirDog was great to me. I never sent in my warranty card and my when my pump died and wiring harness connector burned they accepted my receipt as proof and replaced both for free.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Hey guys finally got a chance to troubleshoot it today. All fuses/wiring is good, has voltage to pump, but pump will not run. Just got off the phone with Airdog and they are shipping a replacement out to me under warranty. Thanks for the input fellas.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Hey guys finally got a chance to troubleshoot it today. All fuses/wiring is good, has voltage to pump, but pump will not run. Just got off the phone with Airdog and they are shipping a replacement out to me under warranty. Thanks for the input fellas.

Glad to hear you have it handled