Air shut offs

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I will testify these things are the bees knees. And some companies we work for want them tested before each job so they have to work. Expensive but reliable!

There isn't much too them. It's a knifegate in a body with whatever size nipple on either side that you want to slide hose over. They can be cable/air operated, or you can get solenoids put on. Retarded simple to install.

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
I would like to see one that goes between the aluminum intake on the engine and the IC line like we were discussing earlier.:D The most basic mechanical cheapest one that works. Where do you guys put them on trucks up there?:)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I would like to see one that goes between the aluminum intake on the engine and the IC line like we were discussing earlier.:D The most basic mechanical cheapest one that works. Where do you guys put them on trucks up there?:)

Ive seen both setups done

Ill get you a price tommorow on 3" with electric

the ones we use on our gens at work are on the air intake,but lots of the trucks have them on the intercooler lines

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Post intercooler, right before the intake manifold usually-space providing that is.

The Air and mechanical ones are the same. Instead of using the air side, you just have a piece of plate bolted to the rod that comes out the top. Pull the rod out and that releases the knifegate.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
well i dont think you guys are going to like this...BUT
3" ID
wieght 3.4 lbs
lenght 6" when connected with hose on each side, it will take up 2" of length
comes with everythuing needed and is a 12 volt power supply with outdoor shut off that is resetable and vibration resistant

COST is large! 813.00 CDN / If you did not need electric your looking at 507.00

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That's about what we pay for our 5" ones. They are about $800. Sometimes quality and reliability costs money.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Either of you have any pics of these?

I can get you some on Monday

It is very compact! One of the guys a talked to today has been building these for over 19 years:eek:

Just a thought... but if enough people wanted them,we may be able to get a discount

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Wrote up a hazard ID to make Reform Energy have these installed in all our work vehicles:rofl:

The guys are gonna hate you!!

I'll send an email to my old partsguy in Canada and see if he can get me a price-we buy TONS of these things. Our Dollar is almost equal to the yankee buck.

Last edited: