943hp 1326lbft!

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
We did before and after dyno runs with same setup with and without valve springs and gained well over 100hp with the springs installed. You guys out there running big boost numbers on stock springs are loosing alot. Josh was seeing 70psi boost on the dyno runs.

Very interesting info... nice that you tested with and without.

Even though as someone mentioned, the turbo(s) have a lot to do with the powerband (rpms) that is still pretty high revs to make peak power with no other head work and stock cam... impressive!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Any difference between Hamilton and other springs out there like SoCal?? Or you think they would all do the same thing? Just curious why you chose them?

Thanks
SoCal springs are a beehive style spring that uses smaller and lighter spring retainers and upgraded spring seats that go down in the head. The Hamilton springs are spring upgrades only and reuse factory hardware. All total you will spend about $80 more for SoCal, but you get a lot more for your money, IMO. I think his sig says why he went with Hamilton.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
SoCal springs are a beehive style spring that uses smaller and lighter spring retainers and upgraded spring seats that go down in the head. The Hamilton springs are spring upgrades only and reuse factory hardware. All total you will spend about $80 more for SoCal, but you get a lot more for your money, IMO. I think his sig says why he went with Hamilton.

Thank you Josh, I wasn't trying to start anything just trying to learn:beer

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC

Yes Zach sponsored josh's truck. Guy's stuff is great but if people didn't try new things we would all have cookie cutter setups.

Last edited:

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
Thank you Josh, I wasn't trying to start anything just trying to learn:beer

no problem man, yeah hamilton sponsored my truck with some valvesprings and asked that i do some before and after dyno testing. i did and they worked great. im not saying anything bad about socal springs i just have Hamiltons. they all do the same thing.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wow great numbers man! I was almost regretting buying my SoCal heads cause I'm hearing they don't make that much of a difference. Now I feel much better:thumb:

Nick