894hp 1590ftlbs on DP 72mm VGT single pump fuel only record today!

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Man that is just awesome! Congrats. Makes me wanna push mine a little harder before I go to the 483. Has anyone even hit 800 with a VGT?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
My stock motor hit 821hp with the 72mm VGT and it was te first and only one to do it. Built motor enabled me to get 73hp more with same injectors and pump and turbo! The big tune is absolutely retarded on the street! Eats the tires at
85++mph!:thumb: Think I'm going to leave it a vgt single for TS...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012

I did enjoy, thanks man..:)
Damn man, love the way it sounds, very crisp exhaust note, your #1 tune looks like its got a lil more than my #3 tune:spit: and your #3 tune looks like its got a bit more than my #5 race tune:rofl: I need a go pro:baby: love that turbo too, sounds sweet, I can't hardly wait to get my hands on your product....:woott:

Keep up the good work man, can't wait to see what you accomplish next:thumb:

Quick question, about the fingers pistons. Are you getting a positive noticeable difference out of them, all the way around? or for a daily driver/tow vehicle, that only sometimes (couple times a year) races and or competes, would you suggest to stick with some standard Mahle race cast pistons...? and one more, do you think it is worth while to thermal coat the piston top and friction coat the skirts, or no....?

Thanks

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Sounds sick. Love the vids. Cant stop watchin them. Man i want my motor build done.

I KNOW RIGHT!!!

X100, but I am gonna have to be satisfied with the turbo injectors and cp3 for a bit

Once I actually get that stuff....:roflmao:

:eek:

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
My stock motor hit 821hp with the 72mm VGT and it was te first and only one to do it. Built motor enabled me to get 73hp more with same injectors and pump and turbo! The big tune is absolutely retarded on the street! Eats the tires at
85++mph!:thumb: Think I'm going to leave it a vgt single for TS...

Is the exhaust side of your turbo modded as well?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Is the exhaust side of your turbo modded as well?

Yes it is CNC ported to help drop drive pressure.

Hot Cocoal-Of all the build we have done with these pistons the only down sid I can honestly come up wth is the extra noise cold but the power is there so doesn't bother me one bit! They are definitely more efficient than the regular round bowls at a given comp. ratio. They are great at lower ratios and that's what I have been doing alot of.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Yes it is CNC ported to help drop drive pressure.

Hot Cocoal-Of all the build we have done with these pistons the only down sid I can honestly come up wth is the extra noise cold but the power is there so doesn't bother me one bit! They are definitely more efficient than the regular round bowls at a given comp. ratio. They are great at lower ratios and that's what I have been doing alot of.

My truck wants to be just like your truck when it grows up:rofl:

Thanks for taking the time to respond to all of us:hello::hug:

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Thank you too Matt:hug:

Can you give your input on thermal coating the piston top, and friction coating the skirt?

To be honest, the coating on the top isn't worth it, that's my opinion. You will here different opinions. The sides are coated, just like every other mahle race cast piston.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
To be honest, the coating on the top isn't worth it, that's my opinion. You will here different opinions. The sides are coated, just like every other mahle race cast piston.

Thanks Matt, follow up Q:

Top coat is not worth it, because with proper tuning it isn't necessary... then there is not a need for the added thermal rejection? Or there is not really much added thermal rejection at all, making it unnecessary?

I just assumed that by coating the top you would send more heat to the turbo, making it spin faster and harder, from idle to red line...:thinking2: but I know nothing, and tend to buy into the gimmick's :D

Huh, I swear I'd seen a set of mahle pistons with bare side skirts, maybe they were forged, but then again I have heard that all of them have the friction coating as well, I'm gonna take your word for it;) was just trying to get answers so I knew what to "budget" for...after all I have a "budget" it just happens to be what ever and how ever long it takes...:angel: Cuz once its done, I'm hoping to not tear into it every year, or even three years, and I figure the better parts that I use, the better my chances are to have a reliable 800whp+ performance diesel engine with great longevity. Yes, I do believe its possible

As always, thank you for your time and response....

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thanks Matt, follow up Q:

Top coat is not worth it, because with proper tuning it isn't necessary... then there is not a need for the added thermal rejection? Or there is not really much added thermal rejection at all, making it unnecessary?

I just assumed that by coating the top you would send more heat to the turbo, making it spin faster and harder, from idle to red line...:thinking2: but I know nothing, and tend to buy into the gimmick's :D

Huh, I swear I'd seen a set of mahle pistons with bare side skirts, maybe they were forged, but then again I have heard that all of them have the friction coating as well, I'm gonna take your word for it;) was just trying to get answers so I knew what to "budget" for...after all I have a "budget" it just happens to be what ever and how ever long it takes...:angel: Cuz once its done, I'm hoping to not tear into it every year, or even three years, and I figure the better parts that I use, the better my chances are to have a reliable 800whp+ performance diesel engine with great longevity. Yes, I do believe its possible

As always, thank you for your time and response....

Top coating isn't worth it in my opinion becuase it doesn't hold up. I prefer to polish the piston tops. The stock Mahle lb7 pistons are bare but the forged and race cast both have the skirt coating. Dynoed truck today tha just has the lb7 cut pistons in it and it was 1021hp and spent last year above 900hp without issue and had one in the shop earlier in the week that is on it's 5th season on cut LB7 pistons above 850+hp without issue. It's all in how you use and abuse it.