$50,000 dollar purse diesel race

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
It's funny what a picture will tell someone! I was just looking at the pictures on comp d and noticed that Seth's truck has a hyd. pump in the back. He's not running power steering with a normal belt driven pump. Very smart!! He has higher than normal pressure at ANY RPM to hold the brakes via hydro boost! That would help alot on staging. Very smart, less drag anypressure you want(within reason).

Very smart!

Dockboy

Mar 5, 2008
It's funny what a picture will tell someone! I was just looking at the pictures on comp d and noticed that Seth's truck has a hyd. pump in the back. He's not running power steering with a normal belt driven pump. Very smart!! He has higher than normal pressure at ANY RPM to hold the brakes via hydro boost! That would help alot on staging. Very smart, less drag anypressure you want(within reason).

Jeff,

I was all over Seth's truck and we talked alot about quite a few things. One of them was me giving him a hard time about still having the AC compressor on there so we talked alot about belt routing with the 2nd cp3 when you delete the AC compressor because I just did that on my truck.

He is still using the standard belt driven power steering pump. That pump in the bed is a water injection pump it was just not hooked up.

By the way, as always, it was great hanging with you guys!!!

Unit453

How fast was I going?
Sep 20, 2008
Florida
thetruckstop.us
It was great when he was parked in the middle of the road AND nobody asked him to move

Hey, I was just checkin' things out. Besides, there were a shit ton of Dodges there and I didn't know who was who, otherwise I would've said hello. I wish I was off that weekend but at least I got to swing by. I would liked to have stuck around all afternoon but it's all good.

It was good to see some faces that I haven't seen in years.

Congrats to those who ran their asses off. Those were mighty good numbers. :thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
haha, I was just finishing my 5th when someone said the cops had pulled up. I was thinking, "well, I'm not going to find out why we might be in trouble with a empty bottle in my hand" :roflmao:

the reason:

we had gotten pulled over by County the previous night (i had been drinking steady all day) on our way from one bar to a club after having dinner with Sonny and his buddies. he and I had a funny exchange of words and he let us go back to the hotel. so I had a flashback to the previous night when Nick pulled up, and out of all of us, Ben was the only one who knew him.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
haha, I was just finishing my 5th when someone said the cops had pulled up. I was thinking, "well, I'm not going to find out why we might be in trouble with a empty bottle in my hand" :roflmao:

I should have told him to pull up with his lights on when I told him where you guys were at.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
"If ya aint first, yer last":thumb:

Damn guys, this would have been a great win to bring home to the DD crew. Thanks a million for all the on line support. My wife was keeping me updated on everyones posts. The truck had to leave the line at no less than 15 lbs of boost to light and go. When I could get it there.....easy 10's. Anything less than that......11.20's or 30's. However, at 15 lbs, it was absolutly going to push through. So..... the game became trying to hold it at 10 or 12 and then anticipate the light, to bring it up at the very last split second. Pretty deadly game that finally bit me. Against a slower truck, I could have played it safe, let it fall, and come back up(did this in 1st round) but it wasnt going to cut it in the final round. I really couldnt have asked for more. The truck ran multiple 10 sec passes, all right around 126 mph, with a best of 10.73. Completly amazing to me! Congrats to Aron(winner), Jeff, Matt(2wd dmax), and everyone else. It was some great competition.

I hate for this to sound like I just won an academy award, but I've got some big thanks you's that have to go out. I trusted my instinct and took a chance on a guy I didnt know too well to help me out with this motor. David Browning with DTS and his crew are Duramax madmen with new ideas, and out of the box thinking. They attacked my truck like a Nascar pit crew, and put this bullet together. Thanks Dave!
My FLEECE charger didnt belong in my truck! This thing is a work of art. I almost put it on the mantel! I feel like I'm in rehab, running this kind of power with no bottle and a freakin 2.6! Thanks Chase and Brayden!
Rob Coddens, your wife and kids should punch you right in the mouth(and then me). Rob spent a large part of his family vacation saving my ass, and walking my truck right into the 10.70's, one small tweak at a time. You are the man, and I owe you big time! Thanks Rob!
Huge thanks also for the suppot I've recieved from New Era Diesel, and ISSPRO. Thanks Chuck and Micheal!

Had a blast folks, but now its time to go prostreetin and superstreetin again!(and back to the bottle:thumb:)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Congrats on the strong showing, Matt! It is very impressive how well the trucks were running with a 2.6 charger.

Would you mind sharing the particulars of your charger? Clipped wheel or native 2.6? Billet wheel or modified off-the-shelf cast wheel? Frame size? Etc. Also, what did your truck weigh in at?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
"Two of the FPE Sponsored Trucks, Racing at the Big Race in Bradenton, FL this past weekend. Both trucks are running the Fleece Performance Competition Billet S475's Clipped to meet the 2.6 Rules."

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I was the big guy down there when you guys were talkin to Nick. I knew Ben was there with the ESCALADE with no exhaust, and I only saw one of em there.

o gotchya, I saw you but I had no idea who it was. Jason (Custom8726) convinced me to get the Escalade but he couldnt make it with us. We were glad he did convince us because we all agreed it was well worth the money. I paid $1000 for 5 days to beat the hell out of it and have a great story to tell, Thank you Hertz:woott::spit:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Congrats on the strong showing, Matt! It is very impressive how well the trucks were running with a 2.6 charger.

Would you mind sharing the particulars of your charger? Clipped wheel or native 2.6? Billet wheel or modified off-the-shelf cast wheel? Frame size? Etc. Also, what did your truck weigh in at?

Thanks Josh. Clipped billet, 400 frame. Got the old girl down to 6040 lbs!

Attachments

• turbo.JPG
    turbo.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 53
  • turbo1.JPG
    turbo1.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 55
  • turbo2.JPG
    turbo2.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 51
  • turbo3.JPG
    turbo3.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 49

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
o gotchya, I saw you but I had no idea who it was. Jason (Custom8726) convinced me to get the Escalade but he couldnt make it with us. We were glad he did convince us because we all agreed it was well worth the money. I paid $1000 for 5 days to beat the hell out of it and have a great story to tell, Thank you Hertz:woott::spit:

That shit was hilarious me and Dustin were talking about that all day as we watched y'all run it over and over again it's to bad we didn't get to meet yall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
"Two of the FPE Sponsored Trucks, Racing at the Big Race in Bradenton, FL this past weekend. Both trucks are running the Fleece Performance Competition Billet S475's Clipped to meet the 2.6 Rules."

The Suncoast 2wd beast as well.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The Suncoast 2wd beast as well.

So pretty much all the top runners were running a ED charger? I cant imagine they were even that different than the Bullseye chargers in this particular race. Made for a really cool day of racing. It was great to meet you Matt, I'll see you in a few months:hug: