$50,000 dollar purse diesel race

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Scheid Diesel Sled pull 2.6 rules

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.

thank you, it's too bad they didn't just use the restrictor idea, would've been waaaaaaayy cheaper

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
My prediction.... A sled puller will take this one.:D Trust me, they really know how to make 2.6 chargers run, and know how to light huge singles with no N20 :D

The chargers won't be that hard to light and unless these guys have done some racing on a .4 protree, a good drag racer will kick the pullers butt off the line by 2 or 3 tenths and you will not make that up with these rules. A guy like Rob, Michael, Buck, Jess, Stingpuller, Camomax, Trent, and Seth will will have a huge advantage off the tree. I'd say Dmitri too but he will be looking for the squeeze and forget to go. He's kind of slow on the tree anyway.

I'd say a truck that can run 10.5 consistently and a driver who can cut a .10 to .15 light on the .4 protree will be very difficult to beat.

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
The chargers won't be that hard to light and unless these guys have done some racing on a .4 protree, a good drag racer will kick the pullers butt off the line by 2 or 3 tenths and you will not make that up with these rules. A guy like Rob, Michael, Buck, Jess, Stingpuller, Camomax, Trent, and Seth will will have a huge advantage off the tree. I'd say Dmitri too but he will be looking for the squeeze and forget to go. He's kind of slow on the tree anyway.

I'd say a truck that can run 10.5 consistently and a driver who can cut a .10 to .15 light on the .4 protree will be very difficult to beat.

:rofl::rofl: Have you ever tried to light a 3.3-3.4 charger as a single....? Theres 2.6 pullers doing it, and i imagine some bigger... I forgot about most pullers not knowing how to race though.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Scheid Diesel Sled pull 2.6 rules

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.

If they use Scheids rules, they wont have a big turnout imo, people no longer have the ability to just bush down there chargers they have now.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
If they use Scheids rules, they wont have a big turnout imo, people no longer have the ability to just bush down there chargers they have now.
this remains to be seen. this is part of the reason the money is getting payed up front,so it will be known what the purse will be .if dont sell all 100 tickects it will be winner take all...

a .400 tree worries me some, im decent noot good on a .500.it will be fun...

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa

I agree with Ken here. To me this is a two part deal. First you must qualify. Spool up means nothing at there. Reaction time is not part of the equation.

But in the race it means a lot! If they stick to the auto start and the Pro tree(Which I think they should) you will see some of top qualifiers go down in the first round. The guy that knows how to play the Auto Start and force his opponent's hand in staging will do very well.

I really think the winner will be one of the last four to qualify. The trick to is going to be balancing spool time with ET.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
50K race

It will be tuff to run a mid ten with these rules. If they tech the trucks hard my thoughts are high 10's to low 12's. It really will be a drivers race and a sledpullers power. This should be good. Brayden, You better get working on a new whoop a$$ turbo:hug:! This will be a good time. Jeff

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I agree with Ken here. To me this is a two part deal. First you must qualify. Spool up means nothing at there. Reaction time is not part of the equation.

But in the race it means a lot! If they stick to the auto start and the Pro tree(Which I think they should) you will see some of top qualifiers go down in the first round. The guy that knows how to play the Auto Start and force his opponent's hand in staging will do very well.

I really think the winner will be one of the last four to qualify. The trick to is going to be balancing spool time with ET.

i dont think many racers will have a time with spooling or staging.if you know the guy work out who lites the first bulb first ext. if you dont know the guy wait for him to light the bulb first ,if they double buld you wait 45 seconds then roll in ready light both bulbs and dust em ...

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Heres the official rules

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1242555#post1242555

SUPER STOCK DIESEL RULES

Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.

Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.

Safety Equipment:
Must meet NHRA rules for times run, this will be handled by the track officials

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other, within 12” of the turbo.

Vehicle Weight:
The vehicle with driver is limited to a minimum weight of 6000 lbs. Each wining truck will be weighted after each run. If found to be underweight your out!

Engine:
The vehicle must run a diesel engine on diesel fuel only, No injectables of any kind.
Water injection, Nitrous oxide, Propane ect. are prohibited. Only #2 Diesel fuel is allowed

Turbocharger:

Ford 6.4L Motor Only: STOCK FORD unmodified 6.4 TURBOS ARE ALLOWED

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose.

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must Have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. Every vehicle must have a SFI 1.1 or 1.2 approved clutch or SFI 4.1 or 4.2 approved blanket.

Intercooler:
The vehicle is limited to an air to air intercooler. No outside cooling allowed of intercooler allowed.

Tires:
The tires must be DOT street tires.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
this remains to be seen. this is part of the reason the money is getting payed up front,so it will be known what the purse will be .if dont sell all 100 tickects it will be winner take all...

a .400 tree worries me some, im decent noot good on a .500.it will be fun...
I'm pretty sure I read on CompD they already have all the spots sold.