3D movies

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Who actually likes going to them? They're cool and all, but after about 20 minutes, my eyes and my head start to hurt. I would much rather see a movie in old school 2D. It seems like something they are pushing to make more money, or am I way off here? Do people really enjoy them more than I realize?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I don't care for 3D only thing I like about it is the theater usually has fewer people in 3D movies.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Personally I love 3D movies. I have not been to a theater in almost 10 years :rolleyes:

I do have a 55" 3D TV and supporting player and 7.1 sound at home, total I think we have 8 or so 3D movies. Some are fine to watch and some make my eyes water in 2min. I have no idea why, but some just strain my eyes, I have not gotten a headache from watching them though.

I wonder if there are different ways to code the movie, more or less complex processing of the data may just change how our optical nerve process' the image/info which would make it easier or more difficult for the brain to "accept"

:dontknow:

But I love me a 3D movie at home fer sure. Just picked up the new G.I Joe tonight:woott::eek:

hotdogstand

May 27, 2013
Norfolk, VA
I think its a gimmick for teenagers. They've had 3D movies for decades. Every so often there is a resurgence to see if a new generation will bite. I hope it dies off soon, though. If you want 3D immersion, go outside, go do something. Call of Duty 3D? Its called paintball, kids, go play...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
We got a 3D TV. We watched it a couple days in 3D then went back to normal.

I like well done 3D like Avatar, but can't stand the gimmick 3D stuff where everything jumps at you. Hokey.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I like well done 3D like Avatar, but can't stand the gimmick 3D stuff where everything jumps at you. Hokey.

That's what I was thinking. That movie was actually made for 3D with the electronic glasses. I'd watch that any day. But the movies that are just 'redone' for 3D with cheesy plastic glasses aren't worth it.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The 3D doesn't give me a headache, but it is rarely worth the money, so I usually don't go for it.

My favorite so far is The Hobbit in the high frame rate 3D. That looked spectacular!

I also agree that most movies being 'redone' or converted to 3D is a gimmick, and looks terrible. And it seems most movies are going out of their way to make something "pop out" at you, which is pointless and distracting. Breaks the immersion, IMO.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I wear glasses so 3D sucks for me as I cant see shit. I don't like that some places are not only showing in 3D unless I want to go see it at 1pm (I work and have a life so not going to happen ever) so I don't go much now.