305.145 mph for the Mormon Missile!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
New Diesel Streamliner Record! :eek:

With a 340 mph exit speed, this is the fastest a single engine diesel has ever run on the 5 mile Long Course, and shows the car has a lot left on the table.

Running just pump diesel from the corner truck stop in a single Duramax engine car. Curtis Halverton of DPR was the driver.

Congrats out to Lynn, Curtis, Volker and the rest of the Goodfellow team! :happy2:

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
What was the previous record set by the big $ English car from a couple of year ago?

That is amazing. Congrats to all on the team :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Nice Job.

Who built the motor in that? I know I keep hearing something about curtis but still unclear? Also its a LLY correct?

Curtis Halverton of DPR built the engine, and Volker tuned it. Lynn Goodfellow is the owner.

Last I checked it was LLY, but might be LBZ. Engine control is standalone $$$ Bosch Motorsports system.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
What was the previous record set by the big $ English car from a couple of year ago?

That is amazing. Congrats to all on the team :D

The JCB car is a AA/DS with a 317 mph record.

IIRC, the peak clocked speed by the British team was 350mph. It is a twin-engine streamliner that cost over $10 million. Andy Green of the RAF was the driver.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
...this is the fastest a single engine diesel has ever run on the 5 mile Long Course, and shows the car has a lot left on the table.

The JCB car is a AA/DS with a 317 mph record.

,,,It is a twin-engine streamliner that cost over $10 million. Andy Green of the RAF was the driver.

Thanks. I need to read better/slower. :eek:

I do think that I read somewhere that Lynn was shooting for the JCB car's record at one point so that is why I automatically linked them in my head.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Curtis Halverton of DPR built the engine, and Volker tuned it. Lynn Goodfellow is the owner.

Last I checked it was LLY, but might be LBZ. Engine control is standalone $$$ Bosch Motorsports system.

Halverson;)

The original engine was an LLY built by Curtis. Im Sure this one is too.

Volker is also the one behind the maze of wires for the standalone system IIRC.

Two very smart Wisconsin boys working together makes one killer dmax streamliner.

mde

fuel injection is my life
Mar 17, 2007
Bucky State

Thanks all ...

Engine: little modified LLY
Turbos: 2 compounted
Injectors: MDE 10 holes 29%
ACC: 2x ice water to air
Data Aqu: Racepak
Engine controller is my standalone, not a Bosch controller ... we used this controller since 2005 for special projects and coming out next month for Doges/DMaxes availabale for some ...

mde

fuel injection is my life
Mar 17, 2007
Bucky State
Justto go back a year ...

Lynn has the FIA Record with the Mormon Missle with 315.XXX (run as he got burnd) and had mile 3.5 speed of 368 mph
Curtis has the FIA record before Lynn backed Curtis up with 307.XXX
This record is a SCTA record with 303.XXX QT: 23X.XXX, combined with the record of yesterday with 275.XXX QT 135.XXX Mile 5 exit speed 299.007 (2.6667G acceleration 33 secons long!!!)

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Thanks all ...

Engine: little modified LLY
Turbos: 2 compounted
Injectors: MDE 10 holes 29%
ACC: 2x ice water to air
Data Aqu: Racepak
Engine controller is my standalone, not a Bosch controller ... we used this controller since 2005 for special projects and coming out next month for Doges/DMaxes availabale for some ...

Very nice.

Great job!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Thanks. I need to read better/slower. :eek:

I do think that I read somewhere that Lynn was shooting for the JCB car's record at one point so that is why I automatically linked them in my head.

No, it was I that screwed up and edited my post. I thought the JCB had only run the FIA 10 mile course.

Also,

Sorry Volker, I was told the Bosch controller was used. I was mistaken.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Halverson;)

The original engine was an LLY built by Curtis. Im Sure this one is too.

Volker is also the one behind the maze of wires for the standalone system IIRC.

Two very smart Wisconsin boys working together makes one killer dmax streamliner.

Don't sell the Goodfellows short. The engine is just one piece of the equation, and Lynn Goodfellow has been running LSR for quite awhile.