2020 hd

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
lol i hate having a key dangling and jingling as im driving .. makes me want to turn into oncoming traffic.

Hate to be on the same road as you if thats all it takes. Wondering what you do with tailgaters or if someone cuts you off

May want to look into some therapy for that. Maybe try yoga or painting pictures or something but stay off the roads for now

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Who wants to reach into their pockets and grab keys out and then put them in the ignition. Plus locking and unlocking the vehicle. I’d rather just walk up get in and press a button.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Hate to be on the same road as you if thats all it takes. Wondering what you do with tailgaters or if someone cuts you off

May want to look into some therapy for that. Maybe try yoga or painting pictures or something but stay off the roads for now

Why? He’s got you to mother hen him...

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011

if they are tailgating me in my truck i usually just floor it and black out the road behind me till their head lights auto kick on.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I think I would like it cuz my keys are always in the wrong fn pocket than my free hand can get too. ALWAYS!!!!

I have the same problem, no matter how much I try to think about it before hand I always end up juggling stuff around to get to my keys. I like it in my old lady's vw passat.

I hate the looks of the new mirrors. But them having a full power option is awesome. Because of that option I think I can live with the ugly look of them. I also really like the addition of the rear vents and heated seat. Makes me want a new Denali a little bit.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Push to start & keyless entry are pretty great for laziness. But for a work vehicle like a truck, it can be nice to have the key so you explicitly tell the truck what you want to do. You can usually get to all the modes (off, accessory, on, run) with the push button, but it isn't as intuitive for me. Probably something I'd get used to though.

The auto transfer case is the most interesting thing about the new truck for me. I have one in my Duramax Suburban, and it is awesome. Not sure why GM took this long to offer it stock. Now if they only bring back Quadrasteer...

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
hope the 2020 ecu hasnt changed much so the l5p tuning works on it... Not sure how this transmission will take the mods tho.. but i like the idea of a 10 speed, probably drives much nicer as far as gear / RPM cruise relation. hopefully Mike L gets his hands on one and opens it up or it just handles 1500 ft lbs out of the box without an issue :)

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018
My friend who lives about a mile away drop her fob getting in her truck. It starts fine and she comes to my house. When sh goes to leave truck won’t start, no key fob to be found. Imagine leaving on a 300 mile trip and finding this out.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That could happen with keys too.

What we need is a retina scanner or something so no keys needed, haha

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
My friend who lives about a mile away drop her fob getting in her truck. It starts fine and she comes to my house. When sh goes to leave truck won’t start, no key fob to be found. Imagine leaving on a 300 mile trip and finding this out.

On the corvette if it doesn’t pick up a fob when you turn it off it prompts you if you’d like the vehicle to stay running or turn off. I’d imagine the new trucks are the same.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
On the corvette if it doesn’t pick up a fob when you turn it off it prompts you if you’d like the vehicle to stay running or turn off. I’d imagine the new trucks are the same.
That's a good feature. TopGear (or The Grand Tour, I forget which it was at the time) had a BMW get stuck in the middle of their track because the key fob was left at the previous filming location.

I'm normally not a fan of biometrics for security, but for a car/truck, it can make sense. A fingerprint, face, or iris scan plus a PIN code is a great backup if you forget your keys, and still reasonably secure.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

dodge doesnt do that, least the trucks. we drove my buddies 18 around the parking lot of a walmart super center to screw with him on teh way back from Montana cause he left it running and thought the truck would shut off if we tried to move it :roflmao:. never warned us about the fob

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
My bike has a PIN input to bypass the key fob, I don't see it being an issue. The wife's pilot will sit there and beep at you if the key fob is missing

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That's a good feature. TopGear (or The Grand Tour, I forget which it was at the time) had a BMW get stuck in the middle of their track because the key fob was left at the previous filming location.

I remember an episode where they where eating at a cafe and one of them was able to get in and start the car because it was parked close enough to the guy with the fob. He ended up being able to drive it a half block or so if I remember right, before it shut down.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I remember an episode where they where eating at a cafe and one of them was able to get in and start the car because it was parked close enough to the guy with the fob. He ended up being able to drive it a half block or so if I remember right, before it shut down.

They must have the proximity set really far. Most fobs won't work over 15ft or so

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
My 2012 Kia beeps at you when the fob is more than like 5 feet. But out of curiosity I wondered if the car would drive without the fob. I went around the block with the fob in the house.