2020 hd

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
The GMC is much better looking than the Chevy to me. The Chevy 1500 looks good but that HD is just terrible looking for me. That blacked out one approaches acceptable but those headlights are pitiful and the "uneven" look of the grill is ugly with the bigger gap below the grill bar. Puke.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
The GMC is much better looking than the Chevy to me. The Chevy 1500 looks good but that HD is just terrible looking for me. That blacked out one approaches acceptable but those headlights are pitiful and the "uneven" look of the grill is ugly with the bigger gap below the grill bar. Puke.

Agreed

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

It dosent look right in person, I think it's proportion are off, maybe bigger wheels and tires will fix it. The plastic flares really kill the look, they could be painted but who knows what it will look like. The Chevy seems to have an even flow that the gmc somehow missed. I think they just said meh, they will buy it no matter what we do...

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I don't understand the little turndown nipples at the lower corners of the grill on the GMC. Why? Would've looked much better with them & the bumper just straight across.

The plastic flares are an eyesore right along with the mirrors. I assume the flares can be removed or painted to fix that. The fix on the mirrors won't be cheap but I'd say someone can make a decent living with a kit. They're some of the worst looking side view mirrors I've ever seen. Whoever's in charge of aesthetic design needs a better set of checks & balances in place. They are really bad.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
The white gmc above has paint matched flares now. I believe he bought them straight from GM already painted. He is a youtuber from eastern Pennsylvania. He just released a video picking that truck apart with all the things they could've or should've done.

I still want one though, just for the added towing capacity. The mirrors are ugly and look put of place but imho them being full power makes up for their weird looks.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
The white gmc above has paint matched flares now. I believe he bought them straight from GM already painted. He is a youtuber from eastern Pennsylvania. He just released a video picking that truck apart with all the things they could've or should've done.

I still want one though, just for the added towing capacity. The mirrors are ugly and look put of place but imho them being full power makes up for their weird looks.

He had them painted actually. Another person on the gram god a maroon Denali and color matched the grille and it looks better. I still prefer the all black AT4 because the mirrors blend in.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Zakkb787,
Thanks for trying to correct me. I normally don't post much because of these reasons. So when I do post I do the best of my knowledge or research to post what helpful information I can. So with this said they were installed by him in place of the matte black finish oem flares and are direct oem paint matched flares he bought and installed.

He has a body shop local to him that does great paint matching work. (Peach bottom auto body) So I am ASSUMING it was an easier maybe more cost efficient approach to just buy them from gm paint matched.

https://youtu.be/jxwOlGoeer4

https://accessories.gmc.com/Product...urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10052

There's is a link to them should anyone be interested and they are available in other colors and primer.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Zakkb787,
Thanks for trying to correct me. I normally don't post much because of these reasons. So when I do post I do the best of my knowledge or research to post what helpful information I can. So with this said they were installed by him in place of the matte black finish oem flares and are direct oem paint matched flares he bought and installed.

He has a body shop local to him that does great paint matching work. (Peach bottom auto body) So I am ASSUMING it was an easier maybe more cost efficient approach to just buy them from gm paint matched.

https://youtu.be/jxwOlGoeer4

https://accessories.gmc.com/Product...urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10052

There's is a link to them should anyone be interested and they are available in other colors and primer.

I do stand corrected. His insta post and a few comments were worded ominously and had me confused. Apologies brother :thumb:

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
No hard feelings. I was under the assumption he had peach bottom paint them. But thought for sure in his video where he picked the whole truck apart he said he bought oem paint matched flares.

I wish gm would just offer them as an option on the truck. For a little lesser price then buying a complete set of 4 when you bought the truck with 4.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve hated the chevy since I first saw it. A few on the gram have caught my eye a bit but still eh. BUT. Rolling down the interstate today I saw a white high country that looked to be leveled on 35s (maybe 37s they looked massive) and from all angles the truck looked like an absolute beast. It was huge and tall and mean. The headlights on the high country tie it in well with the odd front end. Still hate the mirrors, but it’s growing on me with the right color/setup

On another note, guy down the road has a black AT4 HD and that is one slick truck. Quiet too.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well hot damn, truck is finally built and sitting at Flint. Just waiting on a truck to ship it down! :woott::woott:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I test drove one the other day and absolutely loved it
Went there to drive a loaded Ltz 2019 2500 and didn’t make it half the drive...
The 17-19 are all the same with the weird little ticks and clicks and everythingthat bugs me like not coating the front diffs so they rust like crazy and blah blah blah
The 2020 was leaps and bounds better
They addressed a lot of the lil things!
Transmission shift strategy is nice
And I gave her hell from a dig up hill and hit 98mph much sooner than I thought... buddy owns the dealership so we have fun test drives lol
Lord willing I’ll come into some some $$$ and pick up a Ltz
Btw Looking forward to see how it performs for you James and your tow test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
5e940a572f6b11dec71578682f7911dc.jpg

075a94da61a49f1c26cfbd918b749375.jpg

cf7dde6f9b772469e30394a4881ee2d0.jpg

bed2c6c9812fef9f9317023faa5b1f6d.jpg

This thing is bad ass! Just finished signing and bringing it home!! That remote tailgate setup is gunna get a workout with the trailer! Baby girl made me put her car seat in the truck for a ride home because she wanted to ride in it so bad. Made it 3 corners and she passed out. The rear air vents work as well as mine do in the limo but seat won’t get in the way like they could in the limo.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
How in the world did GM get it to AZ from Flint in two days, prepped and ready for you to pick up? They are never that efficient.

Congrats on the new truck, James. :thumb: