2020 hd

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
Well, pulled the trigger and ordered one today!

Cc/lb 4wd L5P high country. Went into it wanting to get away from a black truck. Wife and I looked at the options and browsed the lot looking at the 1500 with the color choices. Honestly I kinda wanted the dark brown but those won’t be produced till December (so I’m told). Looked at the dark blue and the dark gray. Just not my color and I didn’t want the light gray or white sooooooo black it was lol. Thought about getting the ltz but by the time it’s optioned out, it’s damn near the same as the high country and I hate the color match deal around the head lights. The high country grill all the way across the front to the lights is spot on imho. Made sure she got a black emblem right off the bat too.

Now to see if walker evans has some 17s in 8x180 . I’m pretty stoked on it. Will be cool to get a pic of the limo next to limo squared. 20 year difference (18 of you women get technical)

I think the new ceramic coatings have really changed my opinion about black vehicles. The only problem we have in NY is you can only tint the back windows now, front can only be 70%.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Hmm...
be40d9a3a3ddbdcc553a712bbea46f7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been searching about everyday just waiting for a new 2020 Denali to show up around me. I'll take just about any body style but would prefer a black 3500 in any crew cab bed configuration. I've read the dually's aren't even close to production and wont be real eased till late fall.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Thanks guys! Stoked on getting this. Can’t wait to start pulling out hills with it and the trailer!

3 things with black that drive me nuts. It shows every scratch, gets very hot out here during the summer and you gotta keep the damn thing clean or it looks like hell. Problem was, the colors I was looking at all would give the same damn issue as well since they are dark so just went black. It’s either 35% or 27% out here, I’ll have to look it up but never stopped me from going limo all around. Might keep it a little lighter for night time driving/backing up

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
James,

Black is hard to pass up if you at the dealer looking at them..lol but my.ood lady and I just bought a 19 yukon xl denali. I didnt want black, but they gave us a really good deal on the black since it was on the lolot pushing 9 months.

However they talked me into to all the extra b.s. they sell, 1 being the simoniz paint and interior protection warranty. Which is 7 year warranty where they apply glass coat to the wheels, paint and interior. Will try to pull out any dents or dings should they happen free of charge, plus if any interior parts get stained and they cant get it out they'll replace the part free of charge. And will buff out swirls free of charge. Might be snake oil. At first I thought it was. But after I washed it once, it seems to stay really clean for a black man van. And is really easy to wash up.. time will tell but might be something to think about.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I'll probably wait till spring anyways to get a few things done around the house. I hate to buy one late fall and have to sit and look at it all winter since I won't be driving it in the salt.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James,

Black is hard to pass up if you at the dealer looking at them..lol but my.ood lady and I just bought a 19 yukon xl denali. I didnt want black, but they gave us a really good deal on the black since it was on the lolot pushing 9 months.

However they talked me into to all the extra b.s. they sell, 1 being the simoniz paint and interior protection warranty. Which is 7 year warranty where they apply glass coat to the wheels, paint and interior. Will try to pull out any dents or dings should they happen free of charge, plus if any interior parts get stained and they cant get it out they'll replace the part free of charge. And will buff out swirls free of charge. Might be snake oil. At first I thought it was. But after I washed it once, it seems to stay really clean for a black man van. And is really easy to wash up.. time will tell but might be something to think about.

Yeah I don’t know I’d buy into that stuff. I have friends in the autobody side of stuff I’d trust more. Less down time too. Rock chips are the killer. I’m going to have the front end and rockers get clear 3m wrap on them. Same thing the limo will get when it gets painted

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Alright, so James gets to be our guinea pig :woott:

I think you may be one of a few who will be able to test them to their limit. Can't wait for the long term review. And upgrades when they are available:D

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
My truck is black. I was gonna gut my interior and put heat shield EVERYWHERE and am gonna do ceramic tint all around. Maybe double stacked everywhere but the windshield. That stuff is AMAZING

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Alright, so James gets to be our guinea pig :woott:

I think you may be one of a few who will be able to test them to their limit. Can't wait for the long term review. And upgrades when they are available:D

Ha! :rofl:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Well, pulled the trigger and ordered one today!

Cc/lb 4wd L5P high country. Went into it wanting to get away from a black truck. Wife and I looked at the options and browsed the lot looking at the 1500 with the color choices. Honestly I kinda wanted the dark brown but those won’t be produced till December (so I’m told). Looked at the dark blue and the dark gray. Just not my color and I didn’t want the light gray or white sooooooo black it was lol. Thought about getting the ltz but by the time it’s optioned out, it’s damn near the same as the high country and I hate the color match deal around the head lights. The high country grill all the way across the front to the lights is spot on imho. Made sure she got a black emblem right off the bat too.

Now to see if walker evans has some 17s in 8x180 . I’m pretty stoked on it. Will be cool to get a pic of the limo next to limo squared. 20 year difference (18 of you women get technical)

Nice what dealer did you go through?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Bought mine next door from Matt Cerretta at Van GMC. Great deal and a fairly easy experience.

That’s funny, Matt is the one who set me up at Van chevy. Same experience thus far!

Congrats! What's the invoice price on such a truck these days? :confused:

So a loaded high country srw cc/lb like mine MSRP’s for 77,000 (no ttl). I think the dually 3500hd will tack a few hundred on that. An LTZ will option out for the same price once fully loaded but you can make it far cheaper than the high country with decent stuff still.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
GMC finally opened up the build and price option on the website. Local dealer has 4 AT4s coming later this month but they are all black and white. Going to swing by and take a look. Leaning towards a quartz red tintcoat 2500 AT4. Has anyone taken delivery yet??