2014 Camaro SS LML Build Thread

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Alright, south bend is starting on the clutch kit today. Unfortunately they do not have a LML flex plate there match up to ballance. Brian said looking at it tho a LBZ flywheel will be closest to the LML but will just need rebalanced to match.

So either I will have to take my flex plate and flywheel to a machine shop here to get balanced. Oooooor is there any possible chance anyone is near south bend that has a LML flex plate for them to reference off of? I know it’s a long shot but I’ll try make it worth your while, cheers!

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Interesting. The LB7/LLY counterweights seem on the damper/flexplate seem to be more comparable to LML than LBZ/LMM.

What you can do is have your new flexplate balanced to match your current flexplate so long as all that needs to be done is material removal. Addition is possible but is a bit harder. This way it doesn't give you any fits for balancing and runs smooth/doesn't eat any bearings etc.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
All good, i found a local wrecker that will get a lml flexplate over to south bend for me. This way SB will do everything and i will be ready to just bolt on once i receive it.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
And now we wait for parts.

This upcoming weekend my dad, my son, and myself are going on a road trip to Edmonton to pick up the tr6060. It’s supposed to have 36000 km on it and comes with drive shaft and all sensors and slave and clutch. Although I won’t be using the clutch at the time I was making the deal I wasn’t sure yet. So it’s gonna be a pretty fun fathers day weekend. We are sticking around for some drag racing at rad torque race way. While in the city I’ll also be picking up a T87 TCM with the wiring and connector from a salvage yard (only 87 bucks with the connector, wicked deal!) I am planning on using the TCM to proved my neutral
Safety signal along with reverse and speed signals. Oh and of course a trip to Edmonton wouldn’t be complete without stopping at Mopac, hopefully they will have some ARP flywheel fasteners so i can ditch the factory TTY bolts. So that’s my update for now, I’ll chime back in once I hear from South Bend, but they should have something ready to ship out mid week.

Attachments

• IMG_6289.jpeg
    IMG_6289.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 46

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Good lord....doing a trans swap on the floor. Been a minute since Ive done that. My back hurts just looking at that now.

Good Luck! Have a fun trip!

Reactions: Jakezed22

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Try doing a transfer case swap on your back in the dark with a flashlight in your teeth. That was fun right there, memories. I think I got that t case from Yellowjacket. Wonder if that t case had any hooks on it. 😂

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
All my stuff is in the floor, the one time I did it with a lift almost broke my forearm 🤦🏻‍♂️
This includes 13sp in my frieghtliners
Just used to pulling highway truck trans and diffs on the floor, kinda makes this feel like a walk in the park lol. Friggin clutch weighs almost as much as this whole 6l90.

Reactions: malibu795

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
And now we wait for parts.

This upcoming weekend my dad, my son, and myself are going on a road trip to Edmonton to pick up the tr6060. It’s supposed to have 36000 km on it and comes with drive shaft and all sensors and slave and clutch. Although I won’t be using the clutch at the time I was making the deal I wasn’t sure yet. So it’s gonna be a pretty fun fathers day weekend. We are sticking around for some drag racing at rad torque race way. While in the city I’ll also be picking up a T87 TCM with the wiring and connector from a salvage yard (only 87 bucks with the connector, wicked deal!) I am planning on using the TCM to proved my neutral
Safety signal along with reverse and speed signals. Oh and of course a trip to Edmonton wouldn’t be complete without stopping at Mopac, hopefully they will have some ARP flywheel fasteners so i can ditch the factory TTY bolts. So that’s my update for now, I’ll chime back in once I hear from South Bend, but they should have something ready to ship out mid week.
Made an interesting discover yesterday that instantly brought this build to mind.

Was running that LS3 with E38 using different Camaro SS automatic trans OS versions from 2010 to 2015, against the 10L80/90 T87A with some custom OS tweaks to backdate CAN and TQ messages to about 2014. Basically the T87 OS, in the 10spd hardware. Then just for data comparison, we flashed the same E38 with a 2015 manual tune file, and I to look twice to make sure the T87A wasn't still connected.. It seem that specific stick OS version replicates the normal T42/3 TCM CANbus messages with clutch / neutral safety, revese, speed pulse, and several other data fields typically used by others nodes like the BCM or EBCM might require.

I don't recall seeing any of the earlier 04-10 E38 OS version broacsting these same messages, but have ever needed to look. But it make me wonder if there isn't possibly a hidden Manual Switch in the LML OS code, that could do the same as in the LBZ/LMM, which would solve your compatibility issues with ease? I might know a guy to ask. For now, that T87 trick should do the job. if you can kill off the MIL requests for missing hardware. If not, also try the T42/3, as I beleive either of those should also cover the TCM data needed by everything else.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Made an interesting discover yesterday that instantly brought this build to mind.

Was running that LS3 with E38 using different Camaro SS automatic trans OS versions from 2010 to 2015, against the 10L80/90 T87A with some custom OS tweaks to backdate CAN and TQ messages to about 2014. Basically the T87 OS, in the 10spd hardware. Then just for data comparison, we flashed the same E38 with a 2015 manual tune file, and I to look twice to make sure the T87A wasn't still connected.. It seem that specific stick OS version replicates the normal T42/3 TCM CANbus messages with clutch / neutral safety, revese, speed pulse, and several other data fields typically used by others nodes like the BCM or EBCM might require.

I don't recall seeing any of the earlier 04-10 E38 OS version broacsting these same messages, but have ever needed to look. But it make me wonder if there isn't possibly a hidden Manual Switch in the LML OS code, that could do the same as in the LBZ/LMM, which would solve your compatibility issues with ease? I might know a guy to ask. For now, that T87 trick should do the job. if you can kill off the MIL requests for missing hardware. If not, also try the T42/3, as I beleive either of those should also cover the TCM data needed by everything else.
oh have i got a picture for you, lol. This is in the 774 OS, i imagine theres more in there. Buddy of mine took a quick look but hasnt re visted it yet. Ill insert my OS and the A2L.

Attachments

• IMG_6302.JPG
    IMG_6302.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 37
  • E86 OS 477 and A2L_Damos.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Looks to have some Clutch verbiage in there, which is always a good sign.. I'll take a look thru the file soon as I get caught up from my day out. But just in case I get hit by a bus before I do, here is the key CANbus ID's that other ECM's should replicated in Manual transmission mode according to the PPEI specs in GMW8762 - 2011.

$0F9 PPEI Transmission General Status 1 TCM (ECM)
$1F5 PPEI Transmission General Status 2 TCM (ECM)
$4C9 PPEI Transmission General Status 3 TCM (ECM)

Search thru that bin for those ID's in either 0x0F9 or just 0f9 and see what pops up. They will be in TX or RX related tables, and would be active TX if there is a Manual Mode switch in there. This would also activate the GPIO pins for those related Inputs to the ECM. If not, likely only find em listed is RX where they get that info along with others Speed ect From the TCM..

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Looks to have some Clutch verbiage in there, which is always a good sign.. I'll take a look thru the file soon as I get caught up from my day out. But just in case I get hit by a bus before I do, here is the key CANbus ID's that other ECM's should replicated in Manual transmission mode according to the PPEI specs in GMW8762 - 2011.

$0F9 PPEI Transmission General Status 1 TCM (ECM)
$1F5 PPEI Transmission General Status 2 TCM (ECM)
$4C9 PPEI Transmission General Status 3 TCM (ECM)

Search thru that bin for those ID's in either 0x0F9 or just 0f9 and see what pops up. They will be in TX or RX related tables, and would be active TX if there is a Manual Mode switch in there. This would also activate the GPIO pins for those related Inputs to the ECM. If not, likely only find em listed is RX where they get that info along with others Speed ect From the TCM..
I’ll see what I can come up with, Thank you very much

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Ok its 1am and honestly this is the first good go iv had at winols.

Ive searched, $0f9, $1f5, $4c9 and find many matches, they all look like switches to me? To search i replaced the dollar sign with a zero, i cant seem to search properly other wise (probably wrong here). Im unsure what you mean by "search in either 0x0F9 or just 0f9" I did learn Tx means transmit and RX means receive, but i really dont know what im looking for there.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Ok its 1am and honestly this is the first good go iv had at winols.

Ive searched, $0f9, $1f5, $4c9 and find many matches, they all look like switches to me? To search i replaced the dollar sign with a zero, i cant seem to search properly other wise (probably wrong here). Im unsure what you mean by "search in either 0x0F9 or just 0f9" I did learn Tx means transmit and RX means receive, but i really dont know what im looking for there.
Searching for 0x0c9 or 0x1f5, is sometimes used to signify a HEX value in code, same as $ in the gm docs. Or just remove and search 0c9 will get ya less specific results, yet achieving the same.

Once ya find the ID, look at the corresponding text for words canbus, tx, rx, and try to figure out what that line is used for. It's not easy to sort these out in a bin. But yes, those links you found could be our switches.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Searching for 0x0c9 or 0x1f5, is sometimes used to signify a HEX value in code, same as $ in the gm docs. Or just remove and search 0c9 will get ya less specific results, yet achieving the same.

Once ya find the ID, look at the corresponding text for words canbus, tx, rx, and try to figure out what that line is used for. It's not easy to sort these out in a bin. But yes, those links you found could be our switches.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Gotcha, thats where im missing it. Im only using the demo version so it wont let me apply that a2L. Basically going through the bin blindly lol.