2013 EFILive Class Schedule

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
do you get into how to tune for larger injectors and turbo swaps?

Thanks for the info on the maps. I was calling my buddy and asking him why the log, tune, and map didn't all exactly agree, lol. I have found it helpful though to get a visualization of exactly where I "am" at certain times, llike cruise, for tuning specific areas. But again, I'm still learning :)

Well this kinda sucks for the Pa class. Im gettin married in March out in Vegas. Goin the 6th to the 13th. Then the 23rd is the reception nite. So im not going to commit just yet. At least til i know what day class will be.

Damnit man... we just aren't going to win for you.... :-(

The class in PA is the 23/24th.... Had to move it because only had a couple people committed to the one on the 9-10th of January and that wasn't good enough to cover the costs. Alot of people said the timing was just wrong for them with it being right after Holidays, or the Premier thing going on that same weekend.... so - tried to be accomodating and shot you in the foot along way :hug:

I'm sorry it isn't gonna work out, but honestly - with the new software not released from EFILive yet - you'll probably be happy that you waited for a class that happens AFTER the new release anyways....

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
I feel ya there are never any classes in GA or FL either or the southeast for that matter.

Working on one for Georgia in April.... dates are hard to come by (as well as a good location) due to the racing and pulling seasons being pretty much in full swing by then... Working on it though!

It'd be fun to hop in my truck and just start zig-zagging the country so I could catch events and then have more classes in smaller sizes as well as meeting many of my customers and see their shops.... but life doesn't allow me to do that (replace the 'L' in "life" with a 'W' and you'll understand what i'm saying a little better)....

I am doing all I can to get to some of these spots. Have a lot of people waiting for one closer to their neck of the woods... Hopefully everyone knows i'm trying (and still trying to keep my tuning customers happy)...

The trips are actually pretty cool for me even though I never get to spend much time seeing any of the places I go... it's still fun to meet the people and soak up what I can of these places in my short visits there.

-->Zach

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Working on one for Georgia in April.... dates are hard to come by (as well as a good location) due to the racing and pulling seasons being pretty much in full swing by then... Working on it though!

It'd be fun to hop in my truck and just start zig-zagging the country so I could catch events and then have more classes in smaller sizes as well as meeting many of my customers and see their shops.... but life doesn't allow me to do that (replace the 'L' in "life" with a 'W' and you'll understand what i'm saying a little better)....

I am doing all I can to get to some of these spots. Have a lot of people waiting for one closer to their neck of the woods... Hopefully everyone knows i'm trying (and still trying to keep my tuning customers happy)...

The trips are actually pretty cool for me even though I never get to spend much time seeing any of the places I go... it's still fun to meet the people and soak up what I can of these places in my short visits there.

-->Zach

Ok good to hear are the prices allowed to be posted? Whats accepted cash credit/debit? I'll keep a close eye on this thread so as to know when to make arrangements to be there.

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Any chance of a class around northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin?

Right now there's not one on the table.... Was going to try and pull one off last October with Tony Burkhard's shop - but wasn't able to line things up and make it happen.

Not sure, but might be trying the same thing again next fall, but as of not, that's not one that's on the table...

I also did one in Iowa last June... had a couple people from Wisconsin come there for that. I was told I could have another class anytime at that facility so.... might be an option, but I think that's a bit of a drive if my geography (ok, my memory!) is thinking right....

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Ok good to hear are the prices allowed to be posted? Whats accepted cash credit/debit? I'll keep a close eye on this thread so as to know when to make arrangements to be there.

The prices are pretty well set at $500 per person for the weekend, which includes the latest books, lunch, etc.... I'm trying to keep them set the same across the board. Some of the smaller classes it doesn't work out so well, the bigger classes tend to make up for it so... for now it's set at $500 wherever i have them.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow

Unburned Hydrocarbons
Mar 30, 2012
McHenry IL
Right now there's not one on the table.... Was going to try and pull one off last October with Tony Burkhard's shop - but wasn't able to line things up and make it happen.

Not sure, but might be trying the same thing again next fall, but as of not, that's not one that's on the table...

I also did one in Iowa last June... had a couple people from Wisconsin come there for that. I was told I could have another class anytime at that facility so.... might be an option, but I think that's a bit of a drive if my geography (ok, my memory!) is thinking right....

Where at in Iowa would it be? Who's facility?

I think one in Iowa would probably be a lot closer than All Season Diesel (Tony Burkhard's) which I believe is eastern Michigan.

Another idea just throwing it out there. There is a place in Franklin Wisconsin called Hucksdorf Diesel and they have a real nice load dyno room. I don't know if you have ever tried to have your class there but its a thought. and its not far at all off I-94 which makes it a pretty good location I would think.

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Class Updates

The class at Industrial went really well last weekend. Still recovering from the emails and calls that I normally handle as they come in over the weekend - but it went very well, and lots of happy people.
Now we're off to the class in Zanesville Ohio... There are TWO spots left for anyone hanging on the fence, don't wait any longer! I'm shipping enough books assuming the class will be filled so can't wait to see you all there!

Towards the end of the month, we have the class at Rapid Diesel, in Rapid City South Dakota. That class has plenty of room left in it so all you guys up in North Dakota always calling me from the oil fields wanting tuning or to learn EFI from the books or in a class - This is probably as close as i'm going to get to your neck of the woods!

The classes in March - Cherry Tree, PA and Bellingham, WA - plenty of room left in those classes! Get signed up while you can! The class in Washington and Pennsylvania areas I put together mostly for people on this forum! Wanted to finally have a class where the D-max crowd outweighed the Dodge crowd - but these March classes really don't seem to have alot of interest - only a couple signed up at each... I'm not sure if it's lack of interest or if other things are holding people back now - but if you have feedback please let me know! I've tried my best to get things ironed out and as 'close' to the interested parties as I can...

As always, any questions let us know!
[email protected]

rennat_2006

Feb 18, 2010
Pasco, Wa
Going to try and make the bellingham class in March, Gotta start saving for it now:thumb:

Question for you though, I went back and read your first post in here to remind myelf of what the price for the class is. I noticed while reading that you said students must download the newest EFIlive software for the class...I and im sure others dont want to update our software past the current version because we love it so much and have become so attached to it :D so how could we make that work if say a newer update was to come out between now and the class date but we want to stick with our current version?:confused:

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Going to try and make the bellingham class in March, Gotta start saving for it now:thumb:

Question for you though, I went back and read your first post in here to remind myelf of what the price for the class is. I noticed while reading that you said students must download the newest EFIlive software for the class...I and im sure others dont want to update our software past the current version because we love it so much and have become so attached to it :D so how could we make that work if say a newer update was to come out between now and the class date but we want to stick with our current version?:confused:

That'll be a trick.... it'll depend on if there's anything in the 'new' update that you need or not. If not, then i wouldn't necessarily update. I think things will be good either way.... we can discuss it more in class if it becomes a problem, but I don't anticipate there being much problem as long as you're running at least what is the current version as of today...