2007.5 Chevy 2500 4x4 6.6 LMM Duramax 100,000 miles. More problems.....

Toutle Duramax

Dec 10, 2022
Got this truck in a trade. Have had troubles since I got it. Any how had it running for a while started running rough , smoking, dropped in limp mode changed fuel filter and I mean the whole thing housing and rubber hoses. no help changed pressure reg. and plug, nope. Took to shop . wanted 3 to 4 thousand bucks to replace CP3 . Nope brought it home. Found rebuilt on line. I am installing now. Was told that it has to be pugged in and injectors have to be balanced after install. Does anyone know if that is so?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved to LMM section.

I believe this is a continuation of this thread:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Only pain you may have is bleeding the ait out to get it to start. If you have a lift pump it's really easy but without you may be pumping the primer quite a lot. Always good to crack open the injector lines until you get some fuel

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Moved to LMM section.

It does look like the same to me

Steve9

Apr 30, 2023
Florida
Only pain you may have is bleeding the ait out to get it to start. If you have a lift pump it's really easy but without you may be pumping the primer quite a lot. Always good to crack open the injector lines until you get some fuel
I had problems on my '08 losing prime. The rubber used in that year seals in the fuel primer head got et by newer diesel fuels.
Bought viton seals about '16 and not a problem since. Cheap ficks

Toutle Duramax

Dec 10, 2022
Moved to LMM section.

Yes it is, and still having troubles. just replaced the cp3 pump, pressure regulator, added lift pump. still in limp mode. frustrated with it

Toutle Duramax

Dec 10, 2022
I had problems on my '08 losing prime. The rubber used in that year seals in the fuel primer head got et by newer diesel fuels.
Bought viton seals about '16 and not a problem since. Cheap ficks
I also installed lift pump and cp3 still in limp mode. dont know what to do now

Toutle Duramax

Dec 10, 2022
Just found out that they tried too put program in computer before i got it. but it ran ok for 3 months before going into limp. can they flash computer? Or something

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I took it to shop they said it was the cp3 pump

You also pulled the truck out of the shop and did it yourself under the assumption that was the only issue. Very well could have only been the start to the real fix or very well could have been wrong diagnosis.

So in other words, you need to take it to someone who can properly work on it. You are coming to us and we are in the blind. We have no idea what rail pressure is doing, what return rates may be, what cam and crank signal are doing, and so on.