2.6 or what ever it's called now build

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
My brother was able to get the front axle installed and the engine leveled and mounted today. Hopefully Sunday the Dropbox and reverser will be mounted and start fabbing the sheet metal rear end

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 130

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
How much did you narrow it by? Did you narrow it to a different factory truck frame width or just enough to clear tires?

We basically took 6" off the width. I talked with Mears and as of now there isn't a frame width required. But it basically take the GM frame to the width of s Dodge. Yes, Lat year we really pushed the 102" wide limit.

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
This build makes mine look like a turd! lol :roflmao:

Top notch build here, keep the pictures coming!!!

Thank you. Chassis set up is my brothers specialty. We really lack in the motor department. We have really never had big hp. So if someone wants to help us out in the motor department we'll take any help we can get. :hug:

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
We basically took 6" off the width. I talked with Mears and as of now there isn't a frame width required. But it basically take the GM frame to the width of s Dodge. Yes, Lat year we really pushed the 102" wide limit.

Thanks Mike that's what I wanted to hear. My hub and rim setup puts the tires too close for my liking, but couldn't find anything in the rules. Time to get cutting.

Care to share the reason you went with the supports the entire length of the frame? I've seen so many different setups and not many like yours.