1972 K5 Blazer LBZ

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
This is one of the coolest builds I have ever see nice work:thumb:

Sweet build

The car is awesome man. Was a pleasure to read. Good eye candy, too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. My Dad and myself have a ton of time into this build. My dad put about 500 miles on it and loves it!!

bcdeutsch731 wanna build me one :hug:
Unfortunately we do not have enough time to build another one. And if we did we would probably keep it because they are so much fun to drive!

I love this project! Your Dad is going to love that K-5.

Thanks Brent and yes he does love it.

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Truck weighed in at 6240 without driver. My dad is looking into doing something different with the torsion bars. Right now it's all factory stuff from a 06 CCSB. He has the bolts backed out of the keys all the way and the bump stops are riding on the a-arm up front so when you hit a big bump it's a little harsh.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Truck weighed in at 6240 without driver. My dad is looking into doing something different with the torsion bars. Right now it's all factory stuff from a 06 CCSB. He has the bolts backed out of the keys all the way and the bump stops are riding on the a-arm up front so when you hit a big bump it's a little harsh.

What about drop keys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Eliminate the torsion bars and go coilovers. :thumb:

You all do incredible work! Are you all bringing both trucks to Scheids? I'd love to see them so if you are, I may try to come see them! :D

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
What about drop keys?

wont it still ride on the bump stops?
Eliminate the torsion bars and go coilovers. :thumb:

I've talked to him about it. Does someone make a kit or have pictures? I showed him a picture of someone that has done it and they were using QA1's and I have never had any luck with QA1's on my race vehicles.

You all do incredible work! Are you all bringing both trucks to Scheids? I'd love to see them so if you are, I may try to come see them! :D

There has been talk about us pulling my 28' enclosed trailer with my truck in it to Scheids with the blazer but with a 110" wheelbase I think things could get ugly fast. We will be at Scheids but probably without the blazer. Unless we find enough people to go with us to give us a reason to bring the blazer.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
wont it still ride on the bump stops?

There has been talk about us pulling my 28' enclosed trailer with my truck in it to Scheids with the blazer but with a 110" wheelbase I think things could get ugly fast. We will be at Scheids but probably without the blazer. Unless we find enough people to go with us to give us a reason to bring the blazer.

Which bump stops is it riding on? The soft ones on the lower control arm?

I was thinking you meant the steel ones on the upper control arms that limit down travel.

If you meant the ones on the lower control arms then yea drop keys won't help any.

The only thing I can think of is take those stops off and get smaller ones then rely on the torsions to do their job. Changing to a softer torsion now really won't help anything because it's sitting on them already.

Madspeed

Fat Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Elk Ridge Utah
That is a great project! Always loved that style Blazer, will be awesome with a twinned LBZ under the hood. Like you though, I'd be afraid that short wheel base will be too squirly for heavy towing...

I can tell you it IS awesome. I did a 72 twinned on 37's in 08. Towed like a beast hauled ass too

Nice job dere Bret I wish I had the funds to make stuff so clean. The dynos are tuned no twins right? :thumb: