TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have been up to 150 mph in the black truck and it still felt great at that ride height and with slicks , wouldn't hesitate to go more if it had the "powa" :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Even in the dirt, a Duramax is fairly stable at high speed.

Keep in mind, sustained high speeds put your tires at risk.

Both Wendy and Casper wear tires that are 149+ mph.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I agree with Ben.

I drive way too fast, according to most standards, if it's just me in the truck (see message center in avatar). If I have passengers, I am responsible for their safety and drive accordingly.

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
Famous words from the judge last time I was in court for a ticket going 110 in a 55 "what the hell did you do to make it that fast? My reply "really, 110 ain't that fast" obviously he prolly never heard of EFILive. :roflmao:

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
the speed limiter on my truck is still set at 95mph, im not joking. Because there is absolutely NO REASON (or excuse) to be going faster than that unless you're at the track. Im all for launching and doing fun 0-80 runs and crap like that, but leave the 100mph+ bullshit to vehicles that are actually designed for it. And even then, I dont allow it unless Im the one driving, and im the only person in the vehicle. If Im in someone elses truck/car and they feel the need to go faster than 100mph for more than a second or two, I have no problem bitching them out/yelling at them to let me out. And if they want to laugh and tell me im a wuss, then go right ahead. I could care less if they die alone. Im only 25 years old and have plenty of stuff left to live for....and im certainly gonna do everything I can to not get that cut short by some dumbass that wants to see what his 7,000lb truck tops out at.

ben
good for you. I have been 145mph, lifted on 35s, and never had any issue. Do I suggest you do it all the time, or while there is traffic, or for long periods of time? NO. Short bursts are fine with no one else on the road, and not endangering others.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
good for you. I have been 145mph, lifted on 35s, and never had any issue. Do I suggest you do it all the time, or while there is traffic, or for long periods of time? NO. Short bursts are fine with no one else on the road, and not endangering others.

read my other posts again Vaz.

I said doing it with other people in the truck, or on a crowded highway is the problem. If you do it on an empty highway with no one else in the vehicle, I see no problem with that and I could care less...

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
so i talked to the guy in town that i started this about. swears up and down he was doing 140 raceing a new vet side by side. i was getting annoyed asked to lne em up and he said ya maby someday. im so ready to shut this guy up. He said "you only have efi live rite?" whitch i do but he has h&s i think i should get him.