LB7: 11.54 @ 118 mph first runs on new motor

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Dustin, I think it is a nobel thing if testing is non-bias and you are up for it.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Tuning for the fastest time/biggest dyno# is not about the best tune for longevity(sp). No sure how you weigh the balance between tuning for years of happy engines/customers vs. posting the best #'s

2. Different tracks/days/track prep/weight/d.a./etc. affect my truck dramatically.

3. Test should be handled by a non-biased person that renames the tunes #1, #2, #3, etc. and puts them in the truck without the driver knowing which tune is what.

4. Most likely have to do testing off of MPH since that will tell HP and not launch in case 60' time is different between the tunes.

Good luck, it'll be a tough test to get get right

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Calling out other tuners when all you've tuned is basically stock d-maxes dosen't make you look like the master tuner when your not trying out Tommy's truck. If you want to prove yourself send him your tune as it would be custom from scratch from you as you've never tuned anything like it before. Then you can see how good you are.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Dustin, I think it is a nobel thing if testing is non-bias and you are up for it.

Couple of thoughts:

1. Tuning for the fastest time/biggest dyno# is not about the best tune for longevity(sp). No sure how you weigh the balance between tuning for years of happy engines/customers vs. posting the best #'s

2. Different tracks/days/track prep/weight/d.a./etc. affect my truck dramatically.

3. Test should be handled by a non-biased person that renames the tunes #1, #2, #3, etc. and puts them in the truck without the driver knowing which tune is what.

4. Most likely have to do testing off of MPH since that will tell HP and not launch in case 60' time is different between the tunes.

Good luck, it'll be a tough test to get get right

X2

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
You want to moderate it on his truck as IdahoRob suggested? You number each tune, load them on his truck and he makes a couple passes on each tune without knowing which tune is which.

I can do that, Let me call him and see if he cares to go play before are track closes up for the year, I will also tape what tune im installing for the runs and do 3 or so passes for each tune.On a test and tune we can get 20 passes in very fast.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Wasn't sure how many passes you could get in in a day, our track has good nights that we can get 15+ passes in without hot lapping and other nights that you can get straight back in line and only get 5-7 passes in. Just let at least the trans temps get back down to about the same temps for each run if you can.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
That can be done easy on a sat test and tune. On a day with alot of trucks running I made 28 passes and wasnt even trying and playing around with tunes and watching others run.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
They must be open all day - that would be nice. Summers we have Friday 8pm - midnight, now we have 12:30 - 4:30pm Sundays. Saturdays is all for the Mod and Top Eliminator 1/8 mile cars and Jr. Dragsters - they act like the Sportsman 1/4 mile guys are an inconvenience.

DIRTYMAX1

Apr 29, 2008
westlake, LA
I'm coming at ya"ll live from the hospital with my brand new baby boy he was born at 12:27 today and he weighed 7lbs and 8oz.:rockon:, but in regards to the test, my wife has given me permission to race my truck next sunday. So you will have the results next sunday the 30th!!!

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I'm coming at ya"ll live from the hospital with my brand new baby boy he was born at 12:27 today and he weighed 7lbs and 8oz.:rockon:, but in regards to the test, my wife has given me permission to race my truck next sunday. So you will have the results next sunday the 30th!!!

Congrats Justin :hug:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

Congrats!:)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You want to moderate it on his truck as IdahoRob suggested? You number each tune, load them on his truck and he makes a couple passes on each tune without knowing which tune is which.

From the looks of things this is not going to happen. Be interesting to see who's signature is in the tune.:D