LB7: 11.54 @ 118 mph first runs on new motor

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Sorry Winston, I couldn't wait to post this but you better put up the videos when you get on here next.

Anyway, the Diesel Addiction Crew (Winston, Chris and I) went to the Kinston Drag Strip tonight for the initial shakedown runs on Winston's new motor. It was our first time at that track and they have the time signs at the 1/8th mile even though it's a 1/4 mile track. A little after passing the 1/8 mile Winston let out on the first run thinking he was done. He ran 94 mph in the 1/8 then decelerated across the 1/4 with a 11.9X @ 96 mph - lol. They hot lapped and ran all the way down this time. Winston went 11.54 @ 118 mph. He was still running the old trans tune and got under the turbo on 2 of the shifts, it bogged but I didn't think that was bad for a shake-down run. Guess we better start planning for a cage unless he is retiring it to pulling and 1/8th mile only.

Chris ran a 12.50 on the first run when he let out early, then ran 12.4s the rest of the night.

As for me, my truck still doesn't seem to like the 28 x 11.50 cheater slicks since my top end is lacking due to fuel limitations and I ran 12.5s all night. I was smoking a little more and holding less rail pressure than normal so I'm going to clean my air filter, change both fuel filters, and swap the tires onto my 16 x 10 aluminum rims that are on my Bronco II, then give them one more chance. If that doesn't work I'll go to something around the height of the 285 BFGs I was using.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats on your times. What all was done to the new motor? (Or did I miss that thread?)

I would like to know one thing about your personal truck....do you run a Cheetah on it? Just curious. I see you use an LBZ pump too.

I think you also helped make my mind up about what size tire I'll run next year. I was wondering if shorter would hurt at top end. 275/70 toyos, not the shorter 285/60 next year for me. Thanks.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
congrats on the good times. i just have one question. why do you feel in neccsary to put DA in every thing you talk about? if your good the results will show tht and people will know who you are.the whole DA DA DA in every thing gets a little old. jmo thoe

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Congrats on your times. What all was done to the new motor? (Or did I miss that thread?)

I would like to know one thing about your personal truck....do you run a Cheetah on it? Just curious. I see you use an LBZ pump too.

I think you also helped make my mind up about what size tire I'll run next year. I was wondering if shorter would hurt at top end. 275/70 toyos, not the shorter 285/60 next year for me. Thanks.

You will not run out of MPH with 29inch tires unless you plan on running faster than 124mph

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
i just have one question. why do you feel in neccsary to put DA in every thing you talk about? if your good the results will show tht and people will know who you are.the whole DA DA DA in every thing gets a little old. jmo thoe

Because free advertising without paying to be a supporting vendor is easy. :cool:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
He ran 94 mph in the 1/8 then decelerated across the 1/4 with a 11.9X @ 96 mph - lol. They hot lapped and ran all the way down this time. Winston went 11.54 @ 118 mph. .

That makes absolutely no sense... he went 11.9 at 96 but lifted? that sounds like BS if he lifted at the 1/8th. He gained 22! mph but only gained .4? I'd like to see the video "DA Crew" this is getting ridiculous

Last edited:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
I have the Cheetah on my personal truck, the LLY - and yes I have a stock LBZ CP3. I also drilled out all fittings to the same size as hard fuel lines.

I guess we'll have to come up with a "Team Name" or "Car Club" so that we can talk about the group of guys that hang out and go to events together without all the conflict - sorry that I said Diesel Addiction once in the post. In my sig it is just like anyone else writing Mike L., Socal, ect - just saying who did the work. I'm calling Kat today about how she wants payment for advertising.

I'm not saying that my truck runs out of RPMs or MPH on the 29s - my truck just doesn't have the top end power to do well on them and does better on taller tires.

He let out a little ways after the 1/8 on what would have been a 11.5 run so he was probably going 105 or so when he let out and he decelerated across the finish line with an 11.9 @ 96. I was making fun of him for letting out so early on accident and only going 2 mph faster in the 1/4 than he did on the 1/8.

That was on the Kennedy ECM and our TCM. We're still working on some new tunes for it - the tune on the Kennedy ECM is set up for sled pulling, we just wanted to get some shakedown runs in.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
That makes absolutely no sense... he went 11.9 at 96 but lifted? that sounds like BS if he lifted at the 1/8th. He gained 22! mph but only gained .4? I'd like to see the video "DA Crew" this is getting ridiculous

well i ran a 7.4 at 97 mph and let the throttle off wfo and slowly rolled out of shorty after the 8th and ran a 12.08 at 89 mph ,it is very likely ....

congrats on the pass.if you guys can make it we will be running at the last obx race day tomoorow.grudge racing and a pro tree from 1-7...

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
well i ran a 7.4 at 97 mph and let the throttle off wfo and slowly rolled out of shorty after the 8th and ran a 12.08 at 89 mph ,it is very likely ....

congrats on the pass.if you guys can make it we will be running at the last obx race day tomoorow.grudge racing and a pro tree from 1-7...

It made sense to me too - you just let out sooner and it shows in your ET and trap.

I'll run the OBX thing past Winston and see what he says - we were planning on running Coastal Plains on Sunday.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
how in the hell is it a "diesel addiction truck" if you didnt build the motor or tune it?