LML mods and dyno testing begins

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Let's keep this thread going as I am learning and enjoying this. I may have to duplicate Rob's mods. this is good stuff here.:D

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Let's keep this thread going as I am learning and enjoying this. I may have to duplicate Rob's mods. this is good stuff here.:D

Exactly Mike! You and I talked about having a great running truck and not removing emissions stuff. Hope this is where it goes. Also wanting to be able to tow with whatever set up comes out of this. Gotta say its a beast stock when the trailer is behind it.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
OK, don't shoot the messenger. This test was done with same stock tune and same performance tune as the first test, within hours of the first test, same dyno, same load and correction factor.

We didn't believe the results so we made multiple runs and all were within 5hp.

My stock intake had 17k miles on it and we didn't clean the MAF or anything else but installed the new intake with a dry filter and a filter sock.

I'm going to review the MAF readings to see if the improved air flow allowed the ecm to add fuel. Either way 40hp on stock tune and 20hp on performance tune is really unbelievable. If someone else did the test and I read it on the internet, I'd say B.S. so take it for what it is. Even if it was half that on a stock truck, very cheap HP.

Attachments

• lml intake test.pdf
    627.5 KB · Views: 360

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I don't see the ecm adapting, once I get some time i'll look at the logs and see if I can see the reason behind the HP increase. No codes on either tune with the intake. I'm running 34.5" tires.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
On the performance tune with the intake it boil the tires up through 3rd gear, even will smoke them pretty good from a 20-30mph roll.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Is there any modifications that could be done to the factory setup to make it flow better like the older trucks did?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's crazy. I would have never believed it otherwise

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I might have missed it but if not can you put up a list of parts and whose they are that you are going to use Rob?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So with new intake and dry filter, will the computer eventually "tune it out"? Did you get any maf or other codes?

If you get a MAF code, it will not regen and the ECM will assume that the Particulate filter is plugged after trying 5 times . It will then go into a limp mode and give you a 30 mph top speed. Real fun trying to go up a hill.
Ask me how I know.:(:D

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I might have missed it but if not can you put up a list of parts and whose they are that you are going to use Rob?

So far the only mods on the truck are S&B dry filter intake and Mike L's trans with Robs tuning.

Plan to put on a Fass 150, Fleeces CP3 conversion, and Marks new 4094 Stage 2R in the next few weeks.

all emissions equipped :)

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
OK, don't shoot the messenger. This test was done with same stock tune and same performance tune as the first test, within hours of the first test, same dyno, same load and correction factor.

We didn't believe the results so we made multiple runs and all were within 5hp.

My stock intake had 17k miles on it and we didn't clean the MAF or anything else but installed the new intake with a dry filter and a filter sock.

I'm going to review the MAF readings to see if the improved air flow allowed the ecm to add fuel. Either way 40hp on stock tune and 20hp on performance tune is really unbelievable. If someone else did the test and I read it on the internet, I'd say B.S. so take it for what it is. Even if it was half that on a stock truck, very cheap HP.

I tell people lmls really see a difference with a s&b everyone said I was full of shit to