-
6yo3m1.png

-
-
-

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
From what I have read on s&b's web site the cloth oiled filter flows better than the dry paper filter. Its not much though. Very minimal. Not sure about the banks but I figure it should be about the same....... Time to switch to the s&b mike!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
From what I have read on s&b's web site the cloth oiled filter flows better than the dry paper filter. Its not much though. Very minimal. Not sure about the banks but I figure it should be about the same....... Time to switch to the s&b mike!

No the truck is going up for sale shortly. It's worn out.:roflmao:

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Dustin I'm not questioning Rob's findings. The Banks cold air was developed on my truck 4 1/2 years ago and there might be improvements that I don't know about.

lol i know Mike, i was just throwing a joke your way. Well i guess it wasnt much of a joke :eek: lol

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
lol i know Mike, i was just throwing a joke your way. Well i guess it wasnt much of a joke :eek: lol

I took it as a joke but I didn't want Rob thinking I was doubting his findings. Guess the only way to tell is to put my stock one on and see.

I still want to see what power level you guys get to.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
would be sweet if we bought a banks and did a back to back comparison to see if there are differences between the two :thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
would be sweet if we bought a banks and did a back to back comparison to see if there are differences between the two :thumb:

Mike wants to put his stock one on and lend you his :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
I just ordered an afe dry system for my 2015.. Wonder how it compares to s&b... I think the stock trans on this truck makes my truck feel like a pig, I'm fully deleted and on 35s, with lift pump and all out tune and it doesn't really feel like it rapes the tires that bad, the trans just seems so lazy in these trucks and me and Mike L had a big convo on the phone about the 2015 the other night, so I think I'll be in much better position with the trans and better torque converter

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
OK, don't shoot the messenger. This test was done with same stock tune and same performance tune as the first test, within hours of the first test, same dyno, same load and correction factor.

We didn't believe the results so we made multiple runs and all were within 5hp.

My stock intake had 17k miles on it and we didn't clean the MAF or anything else but installed the new intake with a dry filter and a filter sock.

I'm going to review the MAF readings to see if the improved air flow allowed the ecm to add fuel. Either way 40hp on stock tune and 20hp on performance tune is really unbelievable. If someone else did the test and I read it on the internet, I'd say B.S. so take it for what it is. Even if it was half that on a stock truck, very cheap HP.

We'll have our new dyno up and running soon. Send me a part # and I'll see if we can duplicate it on the stock setup.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I just ordered an afe dry system for my 2015.. Wonder how it compares to s&b... I think the stock trans on this truck makes my truck feel like a pig, I'm fully deleted and on 35s, with lift pump and all out tune and it doesn't really feel like it rapes the tires that bad, the trans just seems so lazy in these trucks and me and Mike L had a big convo on the phone about the 2015 the other night, so I think I'll be in much better position with the trans and better torque converter

The converter makes a huge difference on these LMLs. Mike L did some testing with different converters when I was down there and we compared and found some interesting results. Mike L has the package to really wake the drivability up on these.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
The converter makes a huge difference on these LMLs. Mike L did some testing with different converters when I was down there and we compared and found some interesting results. Mike L has the package to really wake the drivability up on these.

Would that be the Goerend R converter? I thought I saw somewhere that Mike had a big part in the development of that one as well just for the LML.

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
That's why mike wants my turbo setup on and me to do a few tests before ordering a torque converter.. Going to dial it in ideal and he said it should make a huge difference on the lml

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Just ordered my S&B intake. Guess I will see what the sop meter says when I get it put on. Gotta sound better than the damn stock intake, and hopefully more air=less regens if nothing else.