Stock trans. LB7 DSP5 Setup

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
For a stock trans #4(DSP5) looks amwfully hot. I know I have sent out a tune thats 1850 PW and it has limped SEVERAL stock trannies in 3rd and 4th.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
#5 is HOT but it depends on how healthy the trans is ive seen it work well on stock trans....

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Nobody said it yet, but isnt CSP going to be a bit upset with you that you're giving their tuning away for free?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Nobody said it yet, but isnt CSP going to be a bit upset with you that you're giving their tuning away for free?
Not trying to be a s/a Tom but thats between him and his tuner i would think.

Thats like a fat kid getting offered a cupcake and him saying "I really shouldnt" :roflmao:

bonomax

Dec 27, 2011
Hermitage, PA
yea pulse width on that smoke tune is sky high like 3000us. dont see how that would be good for the motor possible not even crack a piston or ruin something else. the timing on that hottest tune seems bit high but other than that pretty similar to my hottest tune but mine will limp 4th to 5th shift but trans is alil beat. ha

diesel-max the truck in your sig with all stock motor and BDB S366/S475 Twins that alot of air and ATS/PPE dual CP3's - 30% CSP pump's and 100% overs injectors wow thats ton of fuel. that more than enough fuel and air for 800hp plus. if i may ask about, why so over kill on stock motor? waiting till goes boom to build it?

diesel-max

Oct 20, 2011
IN
Well, that explains that, but a smoke/lope tune? Cmon...

I know. its something older that was in my files I just loaded one day and didnt change. Im sorry. but there is alot of people that tune that I know made them the same time that I made this if they claim it or not.

diesel-max

Oct 20, 2011
IN
yea pulse width on that smoke tune is sky high like 3000us. dont see how that would be good for the motor possible not even crack a piston or ruin something else. the timing on that hottest tune seems bit high but other than that pretty similar to my hottest tune but mine will limp 4th to 5th shift but trans is alil beat. ha

diesel-max the truck in your sig with all stock motor and BDB S366/S475 Twins that alot of air and ATS/PPE dual CP3's - 30% CSP pump's and 100% overs injectors wow thats ton of fuel. that more than enough fuel and air for 800hp plus. if i may ask about, why so over kill on stock motor? waiting till goes boom to build it?

stock injectors and 3000us wont hurt. look at the max timing if I remember correctly its only like 23*.

my 05 now has the S366 and a S480 on it and starting the motor build now. I dont like buying twice so go big on everything the first time you do it is my motto. Id like 1000hp on fuel only. 1200hp with a small shot of nos... might need bigger injectors though.

vortechblown306

Mar 27, 2014
I like the tow tune, not the smoke, I like the street tune the best, and the Max performance isnt too bad. Not a fan of the smoke tune, but the street tune has enough smoke to dust some bikers and non-driving idiots. I live on a very popular country back road to ride a bike, and it gets old being on a tight road with a bunch of dudes riding bikes in spandex.

(street tune needs smoothed out on lower rpms part throttle)

Thanks alot for a good free tune!!

Last edited:

otos_38

Dec 10, 2014
Alright I loaded these baby's up today and slapped em in my 04 lb7, So far I'm pretty happy with them! I'm crossing my fingers that I might see increase in mpgs!