Help: SoCal Theft-WENDY Found -title change

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Thanks out to all who have offered assistance getting Wendy back and/or helping get her back on the road, in no particular order:

Mike L of Inglewood Trans
Gale Banks and Jeff Barker of Gale Banks Eng'g
Dan Grant of PPE
Robert Miller of MK Smith Chevrolet
and of course The DuramaxDiesels Posse.

Thanks everyone! :thumb:

Bobcat

Dec 5, 2008
Glad you found her. Most cops around here won't take finger prints even with breaking and entering in a house. We had to call to get them to do it and then they were half hearted about it. Does sound odd someone would go to the trouble to get a key made (if that was the case) and then only take what they did. Sounds more like a kid on a dare.

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
glad you got her back. Kids stole my Max a little over a year ago. sadly it was in alot worse shape then Wendy when they found it (19000 in damage...)

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
But, to be honest I'm not sure we will post what we do. That bastard that stole her is probably reading this thread.
Can't say that I blame you. A known security system is good, but when people know exactly what you have, they can plan ahead; an unknown security system is better.
I use lojack, an alarm and a dsp5 theft tune that is hidden.
I like the idea of the V2-switched DSP5. So simple to use, and virtually impossible to drive off without bringing a FlashScan with you. And I'd like to think most the people who own a FlashScan aren't going to steal anything. Too bad that isn't available on the newer engines, though...
...She is better then I expected though. Doesn't look like the rest of interior was molested with the exception of the dash.

:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:
Glad you got her back! I'm glad the thieves didn't do too much to her either. That must be a relief. I'd still want to get my hands on that SOB, though.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I like the idea of the V2-switched DSP5. So simple to use, and virtually impossible to drive off without bringing a FlashScan with you. And I'd like to think most the people who own a FlashScan aren't going to steal anything. Too bad that isn't available on the newer engines, though...

Hidden switch. Not using the V2...

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO

Again.... While a good idea, it CANNOT be done on an E35 ECM (LBZ/LMM), ONLY LB7 & 04/05 LLY.

07-dmax

Dec 30, 2010
glad you got your truck back, thieves suck. Had two cars stolen over the years. got to chase down and get one back 4 days after it was stolen. about a 7 mile chase doin rum runner drivin chit. dont ask the condition of the rental car, it wasnt pretty. freakin thieves are fast runners, well faster than me anyway. cops showed up, said they couldnt do anything but continue the chase on foot of the guy, chased him for blocks, thru several houses, yards, etc. They were not even interested in the personal items they left in the car, cd's, etc for prints, said car thieves are released same or next day and laws are not strict enough to do anything to them unless they steal several vehicles. The cops didnt say a word to me about the rental car, spewin steam and smoke and some fluids sittin behind my car in the road after he bailed or the chase they got recorded on 911 call. Think they saw the pissed off look in my eyes and decided to leave me well enough alone. so close to catchin that little prick. But I know what he looks like.
Hope wendy comes back better than ever and maybe she will help ya sniff out that freakin thief in the future. glad you got er back. :thumb:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
glad to see you got it back. We got broke into about 1 month after we moved in...stole everything worth anything. It does suck.

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
Yeah deffinatly glad she's back I had to chase a few guy down that stole a tranny I had beside the house...they left with it and I went after them and stopped them at a red light and made them drive it back and unload it...I had my little friend from the glove box persuade them fairly easily...they never tried that again...I call the local PD and they asked me if I had a gun with me during the confrontation and I said yes they said there wasn't a need for them to come because there was no way to prove it was my trans just inform them next time there are no second chances and said to come file a report the next day and if they show up again do what I want.

Gotta love small town KY:thumb:

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
good news you got Wendy back. still going to feel cheated on though when you get back into it. but hey...nothing wrong with a reason to build it again:D

bluebowtie

duramax addict
Jan 1, 2011
Madison WI
Glad to here the good news. I have been pondering getting a alarm for ol blueballs. i work nights in a really shitty part of town. Its nothing to her gun shots and see muzzle flash walking from building to building and 10 ppl have had the lic plates stolen in the last year. The cocksuckers use the plates to fill there car up with gas then take off get a few blocks away throw the plates in the street. not mine tho safety torque screws.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Sounds like everything is going to work out. Waiting patiently for pictures and the final outcome. :thumb:

Keep us updated Mcrat Pack! Wish I was closer to give more than moral support. :)

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Definitely rookies taken it! Man, so glad its back!

On side note, Diesel trucks are hot items right now, so EVERYONE needs to get prepared... Pros will leave ur truck quickly if they cant start it fast... The rookies will cause severe damage trying to figure it out...

thanks for the heads up on how easy it is to bypass Onstar.. I didnt know it was that easy! Hope we can get a maybe "word of mouth" out on what or how to prepare our trucks so the lurks or chumps will have a harder time taking.

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Isnt it possible that someone could have found a Mcrat tune from Wendy and got the VIN and had a key made? I dont know how all that shit works but know when I lost my keys I had to use my VIN to get another one made and Im pretty sure the VINs come up in tunes.

Just food for thought. Now that I think of this I wont be handing out any more tunes.

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Definitely rookies taken it! Man, so glad its back!

On side note, Diesel trucks are hot items right now, so EVERYONE needs to get prepared... Pros will leave ur truck quickly if they cant start it fast... The rookies will cause severe damage trying to figure it out...

thanks for the heads up on how easy it is to bypass Onstar.. I didnt know it was that easy! Hope we can get a maybe "word of mouth" out on what or how to prepare our trucks so the lurks or chumps will have a harder time taking.
Put a Remington and NRA sticker on there. They will pass :woott:

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Put a Remington and NRA sticker on there. They will pass :woott:

Ha, heck no! Don't want anyone know I might have a free gun inside! I like to keep them guessing. I already sold my bling wheels, was giving me an ulcer thinking my truck would b stolen sittin outside... Now need to relocate gauges from the pillar to another area...

Status
Not open for further replies.