November '22 Chat -- A gravy train? A gravy boat? Its ALL gravy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
1668005235236.png

My building is already up and closed in (windows and doors) just no insulation or heat.
How low will it be?

I was worried about lower temps when they poured my pad also in January and the guys said we got this. Lol.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
there is no damn way id ever drive a school bus. i rode a bus that the kids make drivers quit before the school finally got the balls to kick them off it.

You were one of those guys huh? Sound like you where like my friends. Apparently according to the reprimands my mom showed my wife and me from my school. I was too busy making out in the back of the bus to get in on that.... 😂

Reactions: gmduramax

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
View attachment 110960

My building is already up and closed in (windows and doors) just no insulation or heat.
You have nothing to worry about as long as the temperatures are above 40 and not dropping. If it's below 40 you need to use insulated blankets to keep the heat in the concrete since concrete produces its own heat as cures. If you're pouring inside your building it might not be an issue since the concrete would probably raise the temperature of the building depending on how big it is. Or you could just pump some heat into it before the pour and it would hold the temperature long enough for the concrete to cure.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You were one of those guys huh? Sound like you where like my friends. Apparently according to the reprimands my mom showed my wife and me from my school. I was too busy making out in the back of the bus to get in on that.... 😂
na i never had the balls. i was too concerned with loosing my privliges to ride my quad if i was an asshole like that. i just sat there and watched the show.

Reactions: Dozerboy

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
You have nothing to worry about as long as the temperatures are above 40 and not dropping. If it's below 40 you need to use insulated blankets to keep the heat in the concrete since concrete produces its own heat as cures. If you're pouring inside your building it might not be an issue since the concrete would probably raise the temperature of the building depending on how big it is. Or you could just pump some heat into it before the pour and it would hold the temperature long enough for the concrete to cure.
Thank you. Yes, we are pouring inside. Building is 40'x72'x16'. All doors and windows are installed.1668081452153.png

Last edited:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I forgot. You don't know what snow is. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Birthday, too!
exactly!!! i like to see that stuff every so often, briefly feel bad for you guys, then go back to my 60* weather.

the tables turn when summer comes :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Tom!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
so yesterday afternoon, decided to give Erins truck some love. needed an oil change, some interior parts fixed and fix an exhaust leak. i was hoping her truck had the steel tubular manifold on it as you could tell it was cracked.... nope. its was cast. Had a stud at the lower exhaust stud snap and found one was snapped at the head. pulled the manifold and half ass welded it back up to get her by till the new 600 dollar unit showed up 🤮🤮. drilled out and re-tapped the one that snapped (couldnt get a welded nut to pull it out). put a new bolt in as a stud on the lower connection and started putting it back on. Snapped two studs off in the head... i was pissed.. threw it back together as is till tuesday.

cant be easy! least its not a V style engine. im already prepping to having to pull the head to get the damn bolts machined out if i cant get them 🤬

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
so yesterday afternoon, decided to give Erins truck some love. needed an oil change, some interior parts fixed and fix an exhaust leak. i was hoping her truck had the steel tubular manifold on it as you could tell it was cracked.... nope. its was cast. Had a stud at the lower exhaust stud snap and found one was snapped at the head. pulled the manifold and half ass welded it back up to get her by till the new 600 dollar unit showed up 🤮🤮. drilled out and re-tapped the one that snapped (couldnt get a welded nut to pull it out). put a new bolt in as a stud on the lower connection and started putting it back on. Snapped two studs off in the head... i was pissed.. threw it back together as is till tuesday.

cant be easy! least its not a V style engine. im already prepping to having to pull the head to get the damn bolts machined out if i cant get them 🤬
Was there supposed to be a picture of the cracked manifold? What kind of truck and engine is this?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Was there supposed to be a picture of the cracked manifold? What kind of truck and engine is this?
nope, no pic. bad sentence structure lol.

she has 3.7 I5. its an 08 canyon.

EDIT: they make a t3/t4 exhaust manifold for this truck and id be lieing if i didnt stare at that manifold for a while.... problem is, "4l60E"

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
nope, no pic. bad sentence structure lol.

she has 3.7 I5. its an 08 canyon.

EDIT: they make a t3/t4 exhaust manifold for this truck and id be lieing if i didnt stare at that manifold for a while.... problem is, "4l60E"
Ah that thing is light compared to a full size truck... send it!!!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ah that thing is light compared to a full size truck... send it!!!
noooo waaaaay. its got 135k on it and im just waiting for it to start adding neutrals. :ROFLMAO:

im hoping it dies about the time i need to change the balance shaft chains out because, ya know, lets put those chains under the flexplate so you have to pull the trans to change them 😑

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
noooo waaaaay. its got 135k on it and im just waiting for it to start adding neutrals. :ROFLMAO:

im hoping it dies about the time i need to change the balance shaft chains out because, ya know, lets put those chains under the flexplate so you have to pull the trans to change them 😑
I waited till 150K to put a cam in my 1500... It's almost 180K now and it didn't go neutral

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I waited till 150K to put a cam in my 1500... It's almost 180K now and it didn't go neutral
if it was my truck, it would already be turboed and probably have a built 4l60 or 80 in it. BUT this things is the "reliable transportation" thats gotta get the kids and wife to work/school driving 45 min each way. its been a very good truck and i want to keep it that way. it is tuned thanks to @The Neens and i got 33's under it at stock height but thats about all she will get.

QjongIj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.