September '22 chat thread -- "The View thru the Smoke"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
LOL I dont drink much any more. Id rather have fun and actually remember it.

James, I had a big falling out with my HS friends around 1986. When my Mom passed back in 2019, it motivated me to get back in touch with them, so I did. We let bygones be bygones. Recently, one of them passed away (maybe complications from Covid - nobody knows) and we're all supposed to meet up in Texas where he lived come January for a celebration of his life.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive done this a few times in my career. Always fun.

Came upon a bunch of kids in a neighborhood back in the late '80s having a snowball fight. They tossed a few at the truck, so I decided to have some fun. When I got to the stop, I formed up a dozen snowballs and put them in the footwell of the truck. I drove back past the kids, stopped, and started chucking the snowballs at them, starting a big flurry. :LOL: Years later, I joined a bowling team my buddy was on, and one of the other guys was one of those kids. :) He told me that having a snowball fight with the UPS man was a fond memory from his childhood.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
....and here's a pic of a bunch of old people having a little fun at R.E.Olds museum in Lansing last night. I got a prime seat.

Resized_20220910_201457.jpeg
Thats only about 1/6 of our class. Many have never been to a reunion. We're also starting to lose people.

Last edited:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I go wide open from 5:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night normally. Lol

It’s 10:00 and I just set down to kick back for a second. Lol.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
How are things your way Joe?
Hanging and banging buddy.

Lb7 lost oil pressure back in the summer. It’s going back together slowly. Lmm got its first hand wash in a year 2 weeks ago. It’s been a work horse since we moved.

New house is coming coming along. Barn is at a stand still until the house is done for the most part. But we are getting there slowly.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Hanging and banging buddy.

Lb7 lost oil pressure back in the summer. It’s going back together slowly. Lmm got its first hand wash in a year 2 weeks ago. It’s been a work horse since we moved.

New house is coming coming along. Barn is at a stand still until the house is done for the most part. But we are getting there slowly.

Damn you must be busy if you aren’t washing the trucks every week.

I’m wanting to build a shop house. I’m looking forward to it. Minus the countless hours of labor I’ll have to dump into it to make it how we want. However it will be 100% worth it in the end.

Any more vacations planned down my way?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
LOL I dont drink much any more. Id rather have fun and actually remember it.

James, I had a big falling out with my HS friends around 1986. When my Mom passed back in 2019, it motivated me to get back in touch with them, so I did. We let bygones be bygones. Recently, one of them passed away (maybe complications from Covid - nobody knows) and we're all supposed to meet up in Texas where he lived come January for a celebration of his life.

if it was something along the lines of simple apology, id be for it but these guys wont see it or get it on their side. its all good, doesnt bother me one bit. College was the best thing i coulda had for a social life and business.

In other news, got back from my elk hunt wednesday night with an empty truck. my unit has been getting hammered with rain so sitting on a tank was out of the question. Its also been a full moon all last week so the fuckers are staying up all night since they are getting pressured and you only get an hour or 1.5 hours in the morning to hunt before they bed down, then about an hour before you cant see anymore. They also are no where near the pines and have moved all to the junipers. Those are a f-ing bitch to see through. it took us from last friday (opening day) till wednesday to finally figure them out and patterns. My brother and Dad stayed up there and are coming back this afternoon. Im hoping they get one as its just down to being in the right place at the right time now. My bother had a fricken awesome 15 yard shot at a huge 5 point bull but as luck has it, we all have cow tags :mad:

Hunt ends on the 22nd, i think i might take back off from work monday night and stay up there tuesday and wendesday. Depends on how things go.

My wifes mom has very little time left on this earth and its a big reason i came back wednesday. its going to be really fucking hard to explain to my 6 year old daughter whats happened to her favorite grandma...

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
if it was something along the lines of simple apology, id be for it but these guys wont see it or get it on their side. its all good, doesnt bother me one bit. College was the best thing i coulda had for a social life and business.

In other news, got back from my elk hunt wednesday night with an empty truck. my unit has been getting hammered with rain so sitting on a tank was out of the question. Its also been a full moon all last week so the fuckers are staying up all night since they are getting pressured and you only get an hour or 1.5 hours in the morning to hunt before they bed down, then about an hour before you cant see anymore. They also are no where near the pines and have moved all to the junipers. Those are a f-ing bitch to see through. it took us from last friday (opening day) till wednesday to finally figure them out and patterns. My brother and Dad stayed up there and are coming back this afternoon. Im hoping they get one as its just down to being in the right place at the right time now. My bother had a fricken awesome 15 yard shot at a huge 5 point bull but as luck has it, we all have cow tags :mad:

Hunt ends on the 22nd, i think i might take back off from work monday night and stay up there tuesday and wendesday. Depends on how things go.

My wifes mom has very little time left on this earth and its a big reason i came back wednesday. its going to be really fucking hard to explain to my 6 year old daughter whats happened to her favorite grandma...

Man I want to go elk hunt. To learn that and be there in the mountains with them is a dream.

That’s hard to hear. I struggle with that same thing of when my kids loose a grandparent. It’s going to be really fucking hard.

Reactions: countrycorey

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Another meal on the charcoal. More reps to get better. Friday night have became fillet night.

Attachments

• 97B02859-611D-463F-A740-A77D71FE3C50.jpeg
    97B02859-611D-463F-A740-A77D71FE3C50.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 11

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Man I want to go elk hunt. To learn that and be there in the mountains with them is a dream.

That’s hard to hear. I struggle with that same thing of when my kids loose a grandparent. It’s going to be really fucking hard.

I struggle at getting up early enough to hunt them well in the morning. Specially when you hike your ass off for a couple days. I told my brother and dad “I’m good for a 5:30 wake up and when ever we get out there, we get out there. I’m too whooped from working”. They agreed lmao. You sure get to see pretty country though

afbe8393e79ef8c80c3964a4ba458178.jpg

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Damn you must be busy if you aren’t washing the trucks every week.

I’m wanting to build a shop house. I’m looking forward to it. Minus the countless hours of labor I’ll have to dump into it to make it how we want. However it will be 100% worth it in the end.

Any more vacations planned down my way?

Nothing firm

Our next western trip will be northwest but we will see. They have mentioned a 2 week trip to the west coast and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.