September '22 chat thread -- "The View thru the Smoke"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
we had something similar but didn't require sources. we where graded more on presentation and what we learned moreso then where we got the information. most didn't know what the Internet was as it was just barely getting started and we for sure didn't have any. closest we had to internet was the fax machine

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don't remember which encyclopedia we had. In fact I pretty much tried to forget everything about school. Not exactly where a hardhead like me flourishes. I did do lots of research papers on animals though, and definitely remember having to write down my sources. I was really into wildlife back then. I wanted to be a Game Warden. Then the law and me didn't really see eye to eye and I fell in love with working with my hands and playing in the dirt.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Funny I just got a set of methods for my lbz. They are sitting in Nicks shop in St. Joe waiting on me to find my way to see him and pick them up.
I've been trying to find a used set but they're kind of hard to come by. I can find them for Ford's all day long but not 8x6.5

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've been trying to find a used set but they're kind of hard to come by. I can find them for Ford's all day long but not 8x6.5

I think I got the last set that was still available in the country at the time. I wasn’t really wanting to buy as I won’t need for 6 months but I couldn’t say no

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Hell I did my first report in the 3rd grade. I did it on the Hoover Dam. Took the tour and got literature and everything and the rest came from the encyclopedia. Got an A on it and and as a matter of fact still have it hehe. But yeah had to do the sources and all that good stuff.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Back then the teacher had to work their asses off to figure out if you plagiarized something. Now they just enter it into a program and boom lol.

Reactions: 2004LB7

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
"Tell Me Why" books were some of my favorites as a kid in the '70s.

To follow up on the zero turn, it was the fuel shut off solenoid. Those damn things are uber expensive by themselves, so I just bought a cheap Chinesium carb complete on Amazon for $50. Put that on yesterday, engine runs like normal again.

Last edited:

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Oh yeah....forgot to tell you yahoos......

Our daughter asked us to help her plan her wedding in late May or early June next year. God help me.....
That’s plenty of time to do everything at the last minute hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.