jkoprowski

Apr 8, 2019
Sorry if this was answered already, this is a super long thread, but how many long bolts required for the retrofit?

ShopSpecialties

Jun 4, 2008
Grass Range, Montana
So I am getting close to installing my 17-19 cooler on my LBZ. Since I have a Kennedy lift pump I need to pull the one plug for the oil pressure switch. It has the same 1/2" NPT plug as the LBZ. I see mentions of the plug being metric and was wondering if that was only for the 2020 cooler ?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So I am getting close to installing my 17-19 cooler on my LBZ. Since I have a Kennedy lift pump I need to pull the one plug for the oil pressure switch. It has the same 1/2" NPT plug as the LBZ. I see mentions of the plug being metric and was wondering if that was only for the 2020 cooler ?

It’s only for the 2020 cooler. 17-19 is still npt

Reactions: ShopSpecialties

jkoprowski

Apr 8, 2019
So update after receiving the sandwich adaptor from Setrab. It indeed will work with the 2020 oil filter (PF26). It is that same diameter as the oil filter o-ring. Also it looks as if the sandwich plate galleys will flow enough for -12. Should work good. I went ahead and ordered the 2020 oil cooler, I let you know when it’s all done.

jkoprowski

Apr 8, 2019
I finally got around to Installing the 2020 oil cooler on my LMM. It wasn’t as easy as I thought. It’s just a very tight space especially with the 4x4. One thing that never came up is that the LMM’s heater core is connected to the elbow on the oil cooler. I am going to have to plumb a new return into maybe the top radiator hose or something because the 2020 elbow does not account for this. Not really a big deal. I installed the Setrab sandwich plate and the fluidyne cooler with -12 lines. All seems to be working well. I guess time will tell. Now I have I real towing machine! Don’t forget to relocate the grounding strap from the metal heater core line if you do this on a LMM, it was throwing my gauges off a bit without it. Hope this helps

Reactions: rmk800ak

rmk800ak

Jun 27, 2009
Fairbanks AK.
I finally got around to Installing the 2020 oil cooler on my LMM. It wasn’t as easy as I thought. It’s just a very tight space especially with the 4x4. One thing that never came up is that the LMM’s heater core is connected to the elbow on the oil cooler. I am going to have to plumb a new return into maybe the top radiator hose or something because the 2020 elbow does not account for this. Not really a big deal. I installed the Setrab sandwich plate and the fluidyne cooler with -12 lines. All seems to be working well. I guess time will tell. Now I have I real towing machine! Don’t forget to relocate the grounding strap from the metal heater core line if you do this on a LMM, it was throwing my gauges off a bit without it. Hope this helps

So for the heater core line you’re talking about the line that runs up to the heater core that can be sealed off by the DHD style delete/reroute ? Once the egr is deleted ? Will be doing this soon myself on my LMM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved Chilly's oil pressure problem into its own thread in Engine Building:

Reactions: rmk800ak

Chilly

Dec 4, 2018
Just a little update..

I removed my sandwhich plate, adapter and cooler. Just running the 2020 cooler. Oil temp came up to 195 on my drive home (usually 180 with the aux cooler). I was seeing around 55PSI around 2500RPM.
I will be dumping the 15w-40 for 20w-50
Sandwhich adapter was -12 fittings all the way to the cooler. Took a good look at the sandwhich adapter and thermostat, can’t really see anything wrong. It will be staying off the truck for the time being.

NevadaLLY

Adam B
Feb 24, 2019
Reno, NV
So the 2020 cooler will work with PPE manifolds and up pipes? Gonna get one for my LBZ, just wanted to confirm again. Thanks fellas

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
Yep. That picture above is everything installed. PPE manifolds, 2020 oil cooler, and Setrab sandwich adapter. It’s actually great because now when you change the filter the oil can drip straight in the pan instead of the 4wd drive line.. also easier to get to.

I did it with the engine out… I wouldn’t really want to do that job with it still in the truck but it’s doable, you’ll just get wet.

Reactions: moparkxracer