Anybody running these clutches

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
They do not feel at all like the G3. Their lining is hard as a rock and the pattern will trap fluid which is a no no. That lining was meant for slow moving trucks. No good for the shock apply we do under high TQ.
The pattern can't be any worse than the G3 from a fluid trapping perspective. At least it doesn't have dead end cul-de-sacs.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I wonder what they are using to suff up the steels with?

Yes Mike i learned a long time ago that the double sided carbonites c3/4 shed/wear very quickly. What i find odd is I have some original old single sided carbonites c3/4 that came out of a truck 650/700hp 50K miles on them that look like brand new no wear/shedding. You can tell the material is a little different on them as well seems a little harder and not as rubbery than what was on the double sided ones to me.

What would have been wrong with a solid face G3 c3/4?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I wonder what they are using to suff up the steels with?

Yes Mike i learned a long time ago that the double sided carbonites c3/4 shed/wear very quickly. What i find odd is I have some original old single sided carbonites c3/4 that came out of a truck 650/700hp 50K miles on them that look like brand new no wear/shedding. You can tell the material is a little different on them as well seems a little harder and not as rubbery than what was on the double sided ones to me.

What would have been wrong with a solid face G3 c3/4?
They warp pretty bad.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Yes sir they do when beat on pretty hard not alot of steel there to take the heat. But what i was getting at is they showed no sign of shedding/wear like the double sided carbonites do in 1/2 the time/milage under the same driving habits. It seems like something may have chaged in the carbonite clutch making process between the single and double sided? Not that any of this really matters now all we can do is try the latest and greatest and hope that it has better results Lol