RCSB Build

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The power comes on instantly now, it's not about peak power, it's where it's made. I wanted to keep the driveline intact and not worry about fuel quality so we kept it conseverative on max power and just made it all the way thru the rpm band. It feels like a completely different animal, tune is much more aggressive now that valve train is built. The numbers are conservative bc it was spinning on rollers (mud terrains), once I put 555g and race stars on I will dyno it again and see what it's really putting down on this tune.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Man that’s a good looking truck. Can you launch it in 4 wheel drive? I’ve been searching here locally for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I forgot about this thread. I built the top end with BTR stuff, added a stage 3 boost cam, no more AFM or DOD, got 105 ID injectors, pinned the crank pulley, did a few oiling upgrades and retuned it for 14lbs. Truck spun really bad on the rollers so I played with it at the track a little. No launch just flat footed it from a 700 rpm dig and it went 12.5 at 110 weight is over 5300. Tuner figures power is a tad over 800 crank with performance numbers and fuel trims. It's a blast to drive, I have put over 20k on it this year alone. :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I forgot about this thread. I built the top end with BTR stuff, added a stage 3 boost cam, no more AFM or DOD, got 105 ID injectors, pinned the crank pulley, did a few oiling upgrades and retuned it for 14lbs. Truck spun really bad on the rollers so I played with it at the track a little. No launch just flat footed it from a 700 rpm dig and it went 12.5 at 110 weight is over 5300. Tuner figures power is a tad over 800 crank with performance numbers and fuel trims. It's a blast to drive, I have put over 20k on it this year alone. :D

how are ya figuring? mph usually doesnt care about your launch and is a better indication of power than the ET. you would have to spin pretty good for the mph to be off but even so, adding in 5mph at your weight shows HP much lower at the tires and/or crank.

im not trying to be a nit picky asshole, just curious.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Yep, your right, a 5.3 at 14lbs of boost with heads, kooks and high flow y pipe makes 550...:rofl:
NA 5.3 with mods would make 450HPish at the crank, 14psi of boost with the parasitic loss of the supercharger should around 300-350HP gain, then 20% powertrain loss should put you around 575-625 Wheel HP.