RCSB Build

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Have you done anything to the transmission yet?

Just Amsoil. It's not going to be happy, I'm sure I'll be sending it to Texas for a build. I keep it in tow haul so line pressure stays up and voltage sits at 14.4 so solenoids react fast. Surprizingly it's not skipped a beat at 480 rwhp on oem 22's...

Anything special while the heads are off?

Yes, corvette sodium filled valves, beehive springs and Mayhems special head job...;). I'm looking to push the 1900 to its limit, should be 700+ crank if I can get it enough fuel...

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Just Amsoil. It's not going to be happy, I'm sure I'll be sending it to Texas for a build. I keep it in tow haul so line pressure stays up and voltage sits at 14.4 so solenoids react fast. Surprizingly it's not skipped a beat at 480 rwhp on oem 22's...

Yes, corvette sodium filled valves, beehive springs and Mayhems special head job...;). I'm looking to push the 1900 to its limit, should be 700+ crank if I can get it enough fuel...

What pump are you running?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Stock flex fuel, it's basically got a factory bap. We will see how it keeps up and move forward from there. I'm tempted to go big but Jay said I might be surprised with factory stuff. I doubt it though...:spit:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
The more reading I do the more I think my tuner is right. I'd have to go up to a 450 to make it worth a swap. I was think anti slosh (positive pressure) tank instead, maybe 3 gallons? Anyone on here ever make one for a flex fuel LS?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Love the ls stuff:thumb: truck looks great. If I hadn’t fell into this 05 built truck I’d have built an ls or the TBSS.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I just did a 450 on the TBSS. It was supposed to be drop in:rofl: did you have to modify the pump bucket a bunch?

I haven't done one yet, tuner is telling me Flex fuel pump is equal to a 360. I've been looking into the twin drop in walbro setup. I'll see if I can find the link.

The ZL1 should just have a flex fuel module, I think they used them in almost everything V8 that was performance or flex. It supposedly can support 600 rwhp with factory injectors, add 80's and 700+ isn't impossible. Crazy how GM designed it to flow so much...:coolspot:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Weird?

PCM for less has some do it yourself stuff for cai. Ls7 maf conversions and the pipes with the maf mounts.
Most high performance guys (especially forced induction/turbo guys) do away with the MAF sensor and go speed density.

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Very very interesting, I'm considering something similiar.

picture.php