Ford F-250 Death Wobble

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My buddies wife just totaled his 19 f250 bc of death wobble, wtf? I had no idea this was an issue on newer trucks, I watched some videos on it and it's unbelievable. My buddies wife was driving on I-40 at 77 mph and lost control when she hit an expansion joint bc it started to death wobble. She's ok but the truck is totaled and my friend is pissed off. Anybody else hear about this? I'm glad I stuck with my 16 now and didn't drink the ford koolade...:D

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Wow on a 2019!! That’s insane. My friend was just talking to me about a 2014 F250 he had death wobble on but like you I figured by now that was kind of done with. I’d be pissed too though. Especially if he has it serviced at a dealer. If it’s known issue the techs should always check it during inspections

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i was driving down the highway next to a new ford and saw it happen to the poor guy. looked terrifying, i was surprised he did not wreck. it was violent to say the least.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I’ve seen it and expirenced it on fords as well.

Usually the trac bar ball joint fixes it.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I’ve seen it and expirenced it on fords as well.

Usually the trac bar ball joint fixes it.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Along with the bushing in the other end.

Not like I can rattle the part numbers off from memory or anything if that gives you guys any clue. LOL

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
Having owned multiple Fords over the years, I can’t say this has ever been that noticeable on any of the ones I have owned. Considering the amount of Super duty trucks on the road, I would say it’s not that huge of a concern. My wife has driven them with no issues or complaints.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
One of my 550 service trucks had it, started at 20,000k and has been a battle ever since. Rebuild the front end only to have it start again in another 20,000. Out of the last 4 fords I've had it’s the only one to do it. Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
when there is no triangulation on the front axle via the links, it doesnt take much wear at all for it to start. specially if any kind of lift is added, a tire that has bad balance, worn shock, wheels with low back spacing, etc.

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
I have a 19 dually that I tow cars with and I have white knuckled it a few times on shitty roads it’s pretty scary when it happens, that’s my only complaint with the truck, I know that’s a big one, but I love the truck otherwise. There is supposed to be an Tsb out.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
My 15 has never done it. 200k on original steering and suspension w/ terra graps. However my dads 17 has done it a couple time with the factory tires. Hasn't done it since he put new tires on it a few months ago.

But I agree, newer truck shouldn't have done it at all with less than 40k easy miles and stock tires

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Do you think that’s bad I’ve been reading about it being an issue on Chevy trucks too. but it’s related to the ABS computer failing and locking up the brakes Side to side. Sounds like it’s been pretty tough for anyone to get repairs done because it’s such an intermittent issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Do you think that’s bad I’ve been reading about it being an issue on Chevy trucks too. but it’s related to the ABS computer failing and locking up the brakes Side to side. Sounds like it’s been pretty tough for anyone to get repairs done because it’s such an intermittent issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they ever fix the half tons where at low speeds the braking system would completely fail? I remember reading a good while back many people had got in accidents at stop lights or backing out of their driveway because the brakes would just go out.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
ANY solid front axle vehicle can get death wobble. It's not a big issue with leaf spring front ends, but coil sprung sfa can get it BAD. Most of the time it's a bad track bar, but any play in the front end can induce it, bad tires, or even an alignment that's slightly off. My 1st truck was an 88 Jeep Comanche, and it would flat out scare you at 45 if you hit a bump in the road. Got my 1st job at a dealership right out of high school, changed my toe in from the factory spec of 0-.05 up to .15, and it never did it again. Working on JEEP's I eat, breathed, and sleeped death wobble. Early TJ's were the absolute WORST for it.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Ive had it on my 2012 race truck when it was on the street on 35s. Not fun. Scared the shit out of me and i had the kiddos with me. New track bar, took the lift off and lowered it and its never happened again since all that and being on street tires or cheaters.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I have a buddy that is getting his 19 bought back. Apparently Ford is willing to buy them back, so if you know people having trouble, have them push on their dealers.