Trans Crossmembers

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Let's see how many people are interested in crossmembers. I am willing to make them if the demand makes it worth while. As of now they fit 01-10 5 or 6 speed Allison trucks.

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
Bump anything ever pan out?

I have not thought much about It. I don't think there is a high enough demand to move forward. all the ones I've made where all cut by hand with grinders, band saws and take some time to build. if I thought I could sell more then a handful I was going to have everything lazar or water jetted to make production fast enough to turn a profit.

So what is the new and improved version that Mark B was reffering to?

only difference was I added more gussets and bracing to the center where the trans mount bolts too. side not design 1 has never failed and has been seriously stress tested.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
I would be another candidate for one of the updated units. My ride doesn't have the bite even close to Mark's, but that doesn't mean that I don't have goals!

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
2 years later and still not a single issue with either one on my trucks! I love them for the cleaner look they give the truck from the side view!

X2 no issues with mine. Have at least 50k miles on it and I didn’t coat it so I could keep an eye if any cracks started.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have not thought much about It. I don't think there is a high enough demand to move forward. all the ones I've made where all cut by hand with grinders, band saws and take some time to build. if I thought I could sell more then a handful I was going to have everything lazar or water jetted to make production fast enough to turn a profit.

only difference was I added more gussets and bracing to the center where the trans mount bolts too. side not design 1 has never failed and has been seriously stress tested.

Ever thought of using someone like Oshcut or a local buddy with a plasma table? I've got a friend up here who's cheap on material and plasma time.