L5P L5P Tuning

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Couldnt be more wrong people are lined up waiting for it. Just did a trans for a tuned L5P. Most people who can afford an L5P can afford to fix it. No ones even balked at the tuning price they just want it. I’m getting calls almost daily for people ready to build their trans to hold the tuning and just had another website order for tuning Friday so...with the money everyone spends on these trucks on performance parts it might be a lot for some people but $5000 isn’t really much money at all to most of them.

Im not doubting you Evan as you have no reason to be anything but transparent and honest but $5,000 isn't that bad but to me being in California I wouldn't delete an L5P $10,000 for tuning and trans is um not where i spend money anymore. I mostly would be interested to hear first hand how those that have tuned them are pleased they did so.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Im not doubting you Evan as you have no reason to be anything but transparent and honest but $5,000 isn't that bad but to me being in California I wouldn't delete an L5P $10,000 for tuning and trans is um not where i spend money anymore. I mostly would be interested to hear first hand how those that have tuned them are pleased they did so.

When I saw the pricing i didn’t think i’d sell any or even know many people interested in it I was wrong. I have friends with shops down south all with mulitable pre orders. After really thinking about it I can see why I was wrong for the reasons stated in my first comment. Everyone I’ve warned about the size of the expenses that could come with an engine failure without a warranty has said the the same thing the basically didn’t care. Obviously some will not pay it or want the risk but so far many are more then ready and willing.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ok guys....

I moved the conversation about Sinister Diesel's complete faux pax here: https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81079

And as for the Iowa vs North Carolina "measuring" contest, give it a rest already.

Look, if someone wants to shell out huge $$ to tune an L5P, is that really any different than all the money we've ALL spent making our trucks faster and more powerful?

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Garbage taken out. Keep the BS out of this thread. Ive never given out "time outs", but there's always a first time....

Last edited:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Tom why did you start it as a new thread naming it IA vs NC measuring contest? It does this page no good to have that thread named like that so guys can just sit there and read/post in the ongoing sh!t show. You said it yourself, it’s garbage so why not just delete it for the sake of keeping this place clean? Only reason I commented on it is because it’s annoying seeing idiots post a bunch of BS that have zero benefits to this page. Come on man.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Hay Tom, can you remove my post from there too, it ok if you want to just delete it. You can remove this one if you want also

Thanks

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Yeah, its done.

Im just curious how much power these L5P's may be able to handle, let alone what the Allisons can. What say you guys?

Think that with good tuning, the L5P can get over 600rw? Could the Alli handle it? Its almost like we're starting over.

Last edited:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Good job Tom. Censor the members. Just like you used to complain about Dieselplace doing. You ever wonder why the forums are dying? Wonder why none of the knowledgeable people post anything anymore?

Forums need good knowledge members. Good knowledge members don’t need the forums. :) Let that sink in and see if you really want to piss off the people that know what’s going on.

If DuramaxDiesels.com is going to start censoring members then it just pulled the trigger and committed suicide. Have fun dealing with a bunch of know nothing idiots asking about what size tires you can fit with no lift. Because that’s all you’ll have left.

Put the posts back up or I will never EVER post here again. Have a nice evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Been messing with quite a bit of L5P stuff here lately. All emission intact as well. HPT makes it very nice for adjusting parameters. They definitely have potential with the fuel system. Matched with the how the heads flow they will be impressive in the aftermarket world. There is a few L5Ps that’s fixing to get s400 single setups. Emissions intact I’m shooting for 540rwhp and still keep everything happy. Live and learn test and tune type of scenario for sure.

The transmission in factory form with no TCM line pressure tuning or EPC is pretty weak IMO. They wouldn’t hold over 100hp tune for very long yet be reliable. Evan can chime in on that subject as he went through his awhile back when he owned his blue one before tuning was on the market. George at SC saw the same issues as well I believe.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Good job Tom. Censor the members. Just like you used to complain about Dieselplace doing. You ever wonder why the forums are dying? Wonder why none of the knowledgeable people post anything anymore?

Forums need good knowledge members. Good knowledge members don’t need the forums. :) Let that sink in and see if you really want to piss off the people that know what’s going on.

If DuramaxDiesels.com is going to start censoring members then it just pulled the trigger and committed suicide. Have fun dealing with a bunch of know nothing idiots asking about what size tires you can fit with no lift. Because that’s all you’ll have left.

Put the posts back up or I will never EVER post here again. Have a nice evening.

I will agree with you to a point, but its not going to be a damn free for all. Wish you'd reconsider, but do what you have to do. You and NC not respecting the other members or the forum with your petty argument forced me to.....

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I thought earlier in this or another thread there where reports of the transmission failing even with stock engine tuning. Even I think has the information

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I’ve noticed my converter unlocks in 4th gear sometimes when it should be shifting either up or down instead. Revs go up, come back down, then it locks and does what it’s supposed to. Is this something a SC converter would fix, or is something wonky in the TCM tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

Bye Felicia.

I too am excited to see how these L5P's hold up.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I agreee with Iowa. This place is dying, we need to start sifting out the trolls/idiots before everyone that cares about this page gets tired of logging in. Prettt easy to spot them out as well.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I’ve noticed my converter unlocks in 4th gear sometimes when it should be shifting either up or down instead. Revs go up, come back down, then it locks and does what it’s supposed to. Is this something a SC converter would fix, or is something wonky in the TCM tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory shifting strategy on the L5Ps is horrid. Could be other issues as well causing is.