Best daily driven lbz turbo upgrade, single.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
The 72mm VGT Danville turbo is the best thing I have bought for my truck, with stock fuel it spools just as quick as a stock turbo, way better than a 4094va out of the box, looks great and retains the ability to have a turbine brake. (and you can make huge power with it if you want) If you can`t decide on a turbo just give Mark a call at Danville, the work he has put into his chargers is the best in the buisness, it might sound like I get a cut off his products or something but I assure you I don`t, Danville stuff is simply the best in the buisness. :thumb:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I miss my turbo brake but I dont miss anything else.

X2. Only thing I miss is the turbo brake.
I will never run a vvt anything ever again.
You can tune almost any reasonably sized turbo yet bigger than stock to spool almost as fast if not faster than a vvt and still have lower drive pressures and lower egt's.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I can't imagine any charger spooling faster than a stock lbz. I remember stabbing the pedal from a stop and burning the tires through 3 gears.

Fastest I ever saw was an LLY with an HTT. Wasn't even that fun to drive because of how fast it spooled. And drive pressures were almost 3:1 when it was like that but when buddy had it figured out it spooled faster than my LBZ VVT and his DP was almost 1:1 with egt's about 300 less than my truck had at about the same power level. With the right A/R in a fixed turbo and good tuning, it's not hard to beat a vvt.

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
Damn. Its ashame I couldn't drive a truck with a Borg when I was forced into replacing my burnt stocker. That would probably be the best thing one could do. Test drive before you buy.

Last edited:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Moar fuel!! Lol I'll look at the 471 that Trent offers for sure. Looking to upgrade very soon now that I have the moolah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe its a s300 frame. But its a bad lil unit

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
i have always been partial to the 4088R .85 a/r housing setup

Depending on what you are doing and goals, the 4088r ball bearing set up ppe offers rrriiiiippps, for what it is, and you can twin it later when you want more. I like garrett.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I want a turbo that will be reliable at 600whp and capable of far more with more fuel. Motor build in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The 4088r can produce 700 in a sig set up, 800 easy with a twin, you could tow heavy with it in a twin config no prob @800hp no less, and probably as a sig pretty well to. It is a solid alternative for reliable, repeatable fun hp, thats not going to break the bank or your truck.