Best daily driven lbz turbo upgrade, single.

tooldude

Aug 11, 2012
I told the wife no turbo till truck was paid off, last payment is going out this month. Now the choice. I do alot of allison work for guys in the midwest and have had some experience with different setups. mpi twins and the gt4094va the most. I tow a fair amount in the 10,000lb range, but very rarely any heavier, don't get out into thin air too much. Mostly it would be around town and on the freeway, still want to keep the mileage and reliability as high as possible, don't get paid to work on my truck. Thinking the gt4094va from garrett or one of the s366 setups from epr, how do the 366s work being fixed geometry? Lag? Smoke? I have no interest in a 2nd cp3, maybe a modded one and have 38% over tips on the way. Any honest ideas would be great.
thanks

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I say 4294r Garrett turbo.... Oil and water cooled, it's a 70mm wheel . With a 1.01 housing it would be sweet. A lift pump and some good tuning combined with your fuel upgrades you're planning should make this a very fun turbo. Should be reliable unlike that Borg Warner garbage.....:baby:

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
I say 4294r Garrett turbo.... Oil and water cooled, it's a 70mm wheel . With a 1.01 housing it would be sweet. A lift pump and some good tuning combined with your fuel upgrades you're planning should make this a very fun turbo. Should be reliable unlike that Borg Warner garbage.....:baby:

I was unaware that Borg Warner stuff was unreliable.....

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I will sell you my 6 month old EPR s366/s480 compound turbo kit if you are interested. But if not i would definitely go with a s366 charger and never look back and most here will agree with me on that. Pm me

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
I would do a nice billet 366 setup...would suit your needs well...there's not going to be any spool time difference to amount to anything

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Nothing wrong with BW stuff.
Like any turbo keep it within it's MAP and don't bark it too much and it should last quite awhile.
I'm happy with my 464 but I think your best bet would be a 366. Proven to be a decent turbo. Lots of room to work with for power and works well in a twin set-up.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
You could buy a couple 366 chargers for the price of a Garrett turbo.... Garretts are for bad ass people only! The ball bearing ones are the ones with the "r" at the end. Garretts spool faster,sound a billion times better, last longer, look better, taste better, smell better! yes there is a difference;)

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Why u wanna sell your twin kit? U just put it together and sell this quick? Whats the plans now. Just curious.

Not sure if im selling or not, i just bought another house and could use the extra cash to pay for some things. Plus i really like the new 71mm single s300 frame that trent has:D

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
72mmvgt......eat it borg boys....i fight the good fight....with thy garrett under thy hood and air dog by thy feul tanks side....my 60% over tips flow pure power into strong duramax cylinders and leave all dodge and fords in thy kingdom bellowing profanity choking on soot and dust